WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 970 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 470 870 920 960 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 980 1020 1070 1470 1970 ... LastLast
Results 19,381 to 19,400 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    My friend graduated from the University Of Wyoming in Cheyenne. At the time he said his dormitory was the tallest building in the state. It a lot different out your way. Not a lot of people for a whole lotta land. Wyoming has 3.8 head of cattle per person. When I lived in Billings the hospital there was the go to heart place for 4 states.
    That sounds good to me. 38.8 cattle per person means a lot of steak!
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Yup. Wish they could finish it. I have heard they were offered help from the government, but turned it down. I respect that stance, but hope they can get the job done. It would be an incredible sight.
    I know it is REALLY BIG, but why don't they finish it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View Post
    LOL & it's nice to make a friend in case you break down!
    You got that right. I was on a trip to Houston once and had a blowout. Whoever had put tire on had used an electric sock wrench, so there was no way I was going to get it off with the little mini one leg tire iron that came with the van. I was "rescued" by a couple guys I bet were illegal aliens. They did not speak a bit of English, just "Houston Amigos". But they had an old 4 way tire iron in their car that did the trick. So I gave them a couple of twenties and we all lived happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Mountain Mike FyI they are Bison not Buffalo.

lobster prices plummetted three months ago - you can get it airmail now, and cheap at some supermarkets
    You don't reckon Red Lobster would be willing to pass that savings on to us do you?

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    A woman that used to work at the Lake Worth pool where I used to swim told me that back in the 30's they used to kick the lobsters up on shore with their feet in the Intracoastal Waterway every night. Said she grew tired of lobster.
    My dad was a general contractor and couple who guys who worked with him that were really good snook fisherman. The carpenter set all kinds of records, and was always glad to take my Dad with him, so he could catch over the one person limit. A brick/stone mason he used would times offer for him come as much he wanted. They loved catching them, but there is so much your family is interested in. So we enjoyed there excess.

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    I thought I dispelled that rumor

That is why the last one I put in a metal tin.
    I hope you didn't dent the metal pan when you sat down.

Journal Entries
    Images

Serious I looked up the menu and they are using a higher mark up and working on the theory that folks don't know about the labor war in Maine on Lobster.

Source: http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...rmens_chagrin/
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

With you all the way on the ROLL TIDE. I hate Notre Dame and like 'Bama. Which team?
    Still Alabama-Georgia rematch would have mad a better game. Perhaps they should call the SEC Championship the Championship Game, and make the rest of BCS just consolation games.

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Read the instruction manual. A truly experienced driver would be able to keep that engine running! The finer cars are built to last
    TW, after over 21 years at it, I like that one myself.

Good morning/afternoon Astro. How does a man from Searcy become an Astro fan?
    Grew up in South Florida. Worked for 18 years in Houston (was looking for a southern city that was a National League town with an NBA team). Grew up a Dodger fan (going to Spring Training in Dodgertown). But after many years in Houston and after taking my boys to the games, the Astros grew on me. Especially with the Killer Bs (Biggio, Bagwell, Berkman).

Great Movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Still Alabama-Georgia rematch would have mad a better game. Perhaps they should call the SEC Championship the Championship Game, and make the rest of BCS just consolation games.
    Georgia was only 5 yards away from playing for the title. But that was the ghost of Bear Bryant that made that stop.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57:1408017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    I think I am PM free on the Gator bites!
    its really not that difficult if you take 3 deep cleansing breaths before responding.
    I like to type it out then delete it before posting. Self moderating.

and back paddle...
    TW, last time I thought you meant back pedal, but in this case it really would be back paddle.

oh, give me a break!
    you're paying like, 100 bucks for holes?
    Just what it might cost with the holes filled in.

No. and thank you. I am a shutter bug. I have a lot of pictures that I am proud of. Every picture I post on the cafe are mine. If I ever get them organized I plan to post some on my gallery. The key to taking a good picture is to never show the bad ones.
    That is one thing that drives me crazy about my wife. She will throw away pictures because they are not "good enough". I am like, hey that is my kids (or whatever) I want that. Now I understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Serious I looked up the menu and they are using a higher mark up and working on the theory that folks don't know about the labor war in Maine on Lobster.

Source: http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...rmens_chagrin/
    Wow, as Sergeant Schulz would say, very interesting!

Finally caught up. Been busy day running back and worth between one son in Basketball tournament and another in Regional Quiz Bowl Tournament. Middle son led Quiz Bowl team to qualify for State Tournament, so that is a good thing!

Mountain Mike FyI they are Bison not Buffalo.

lobster prices plummetted three months ago - you can get it airmail now, and cheap at some supermarkets

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    You don't reckon Red Lobster would be willing to pass that savings on to us do you?
    Lobster prices plummet every time they molt - which I believe is twice a year. Not as much meat, but they're better lobsters.
    Quilteresq
    2013, hopefully.

Images

Is Gimli a guy or a girl? I get confused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKrei80jBg8

++ New Posts ++