WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1813 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 813 1313 1713 1763 1803 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1823 1863 1913 2313 ... LastLast
Results 36,241 to 36,260 of 49000
    Images

Good morning all, first time I've been the first in the door. Dang, didn't know there was a 6 o'clock in the morning too.
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

Journal Entries
    Images

I am not rolling out of this hammock - go back to bed.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Good morning all, first time I've been the first in the door. Dang, didn't know there was a 6 o'clock in the morning too.
    Morning Storm.............Happy Derby Day all!

Images

Gettin' excited here. My daughter finished her finals and got home last night. All we have is one last trip to get food and a few incidentals at the store today, pack up the packs one last time and we head out in the AM. May not get to be with the Silly Walkers, but I get to be out for a week and the forecast keeps getting better for Northern LP! Won't even be lurkin' - the cell coverage maps have a hole where we will be.

Journal Entries
    Images

Good morning Fathead and storm - just brewed some nice coffee mocha ... pull up a log and sit by the morning campfire.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Don't mind if I grab my water bottle and join you. I gave up the caffeine thing (Diet Coke) about a year ago. Got the doctor off my back.

So, is the whole café in Damascus now? Where is everybody? Has everybody hooked up with the silly walkers yet? Deets - we want deets. Where are ya'll at?
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

I'm here with deets ATM... I'm leaving from Roanoke right now!! ETA 11:30 ish!! I'm off to see the......

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    I'm here with deets ATM... I'm leaving from Roanoke right now!! ETA 11:30 ish!! I'm off to see the......
    Good for you HM. Get pics and lots of deets.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Good for you HM. Get pics and lots of deets.
    +1 even if I won't see them for a week!

Images

So, is the whole café in Damascus now? Where is everybody? Has everybody hooked up with the silly walkers yet? Deets - we want deets. Where are ya'll at?
    I wish I was out hiking! Or, even in Damascus... Work seems to be getting in the way of fun for the moment. *sigh* BUT, it is a gorgeous day out...and, I do seem to be coming down with a cough *cough, cough*.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat View Post
    I wish I was out hiking! Or, even in Damascus... Work seems to be getting in the way of fun for the moment. *sigh* BUT, it is a gorgeous day out...and, I do seem to be coming down with a cough *cough, cough*.
    I think out of courtesy and respect for your fellow workers you owe it to them and call in sick.

Images

I think out of courtesy and respect for your fellow workers you owe it to them and call in sick.
    Well, you're probably right... I wouldn't want this cough to get any worse *cough, cough, cough* Oops, it seems that as the sun rises, the cough gets worse. Huh, I wonder why that is?

Well, you're probably right... I wouldn't want this cough to get any worse *cough, cough, cough* Oops, it seems that as the sun rises, the cough gets worse. Huh, I wonder why that is?
    It's got something to do with gravity.

Images

It's got something to do with gravity.
    Gravity is not always my friend, but it seems to be working out this time.

Gravity is not always my friend, but it seems to be working out this time.
    You can use gravity to your advantage. Tell work the doctor told you to seek higher elevation so the gravity would be less and it would allow whatever is causing the cough to come out easier. Along with the warmth of the sun to help soften it. Doctor's orders.

Images

You can use gravity to your advantage. Tell work the doctor told you to seek higher elevation so the gravity would be less and it would allow whatever is causing the cough to come out easier. Along with the warmth of the sun to help soften it. Doctor's orders.
    Done deal! Off to hit the trail... Er, I mean, go to the doctor. *cough, cough*

Journal Entries
    Images

Hi Water Rat haven't heard from you in a while...

Woo

Default Looking for Love - Attention New York and Connecticut WB Members!

This is Lucy. I normally would not post this on a non-dog forum, but hey, it's the cafe, and we have quite a few dog lovers here - and, who can resist that face?!? This girl is looking for a home in the New York/Connecticut area. Here's her info:

I'm Lucy, and my friends at Stray from the Heart in New York City have helped me forget my rough start in life. But it left me with scars, as you can see. They took me to the vet, who said that since I'm in no pain and can eat and drink and play, I don't need surgery. And my rescue group friends all say I'm still perfectly beautiful when you look at me with your HEART!

I get along great with all dogs and cats, and my friends want me to stay within a three hour or so drive, so they can always be a resource for me. Also, they say they'll welcome me back for vacations sometimes! Aren't they NICE?

So I'm here today to ask you to give me the greatest gift of all for National Disabled Pets Day: A new home! Please share me, and ask everyone to look past my mis-healed jaw and into my heart -- I'm counting on you!

Love, Lucy

PS, my information is here: http://theshelterpetproject.org/pet?id=21709250, or you can contact 347-242-0459 • [email protected]

Fracdaddy 22:1 for the win...."He's a mudder"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_YlS3SLoz8
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 05-04-2013 at 18:01.

++ New Posts ++