WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1484 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 484 984 1384 1434 1474 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1494 1534 1584 1984 ... LastLast
Results 29,661 to 29,680 of 49000
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by aficion View Post
    \
    We're both wrong, and based on my experience so far, probably not for the last time. It lies between Mocksville and Lexington. Of that I can be sure. You are right....its west of Lexington, but several miles east of Mocksville. Thanks for the correction. I needed that.

To clarify I mean Greasy Corner, which is different from Keaton's.

Keaton's is west of both, closer to Statesville. My bad.

But there is awesome BBQ in Lexington! not sure of Greasy Corner, but if it's on 64 I'm sure I've been by it! May have been there, I dunno. Ive slept since then.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    Gadzooks. That one always gets this one going through my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNffFJGaquM

that's hilarious!

Anybody got a bead on Andy and the Traveling Matildas? Cheesecake factory?

Images

HM - saw on other thread you were out hiking with your daughter today. Good hike? I was alone today (which is normal) and the predicted snow didn't come, so virtually all the ice and snow are gone (except for a few shady spots) and I was making much better time today. Of course, that exposed the trash and stuff people leave in the park that has been buried in the snow - so I kicked into my guardian angel (of the park) mode. Sigh.

Images

Anybody got a bead on Andy and the Traveling Matildas? Cheesecake factory?
    Yeah - surely they could post a pick or a status or something!

Good for you FH... Yes, we hiked up a mountain really close to our house (less than 5 min) It was 65 degrees today, humid but nice!! We hiked a 4 1/2 mile loop up and over the mountain then back down with Tamber and Colin (black cairn terrrier) It felt good!

Quote Originally Posted by FatHead64 View Post
    Yeah - surely they could post a pic or a status or something!
    Fixed it for ya... Pic!

I know, right? They are prob. shopping at REI and haven't seen the light of day!

Don't you know it? Right.

Dad grew up in Durham, Elkin, and Turnersburg.
    Mom grew up in Statesville and Lexington,NC.
    I lived in Morganton, Boone, Fayetteville, Chapel Hill, Winston-Salem, and Advance, and never did grow up. Still all over the map.
    We've lived so many places when someone ask my wife where she lives she has to stop and think for a minute...true story.

Well guys, the gear is loaded in the car and I'm ready to head for the Chattanooga airport early in the morning, will spend a week in Tampa with my daughter and grandkids and then on to the AT near Hampton, TN, if all goes well I wont be back on WB until mid May, just want to say thanks to all for the laughs and hope to cross paths with you some day...as you travel through life, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole...blessings to all, and to all, a good night.

Images

Have a fun & safe trip. Hope to meet you out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    Well guys, the gear is loaded in the car and I'm ready to head for the Chattanooga airport early in the morning, will spend a week in Tampa with my daughter and grandkids and then on to the AT near Hampton, TN, if all goes well I wont be back on WB until mid May, just want to say thanks to all for the laughs and hope to cross paths with you some day...as you travel through life, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole...blessings to all, and to all, a good night.
    Take care DB. Our paths will cross someday. See you on a trail sometime.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Have a great trip DB, thanks for the smiles!

Hope everything goes well for you, DB.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Images

the aussie contingent finally cleared customs around 2:30, took another hour to get their rental doen, then it was off to verizonn to get them hooked up for cell phones.went to get steaks after that, and we're all back at my place.lous got some pics hell put up when he gets back home tomorrow

Images

Safe travels and happy hiking!

Images

see you on the trail

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    the aussie contingent finally cleared customs around 2:30, took another hour to get their rental doen, then it was off to verizonn to get them hooked up for cell phones.went to get steaks after that, and we're all back at my place.lous got some pics hell put up when he gets back home tomorrow
    Glad everything is going well so far, HB. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Glad everything is going well so far, HB. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
    Same here. Glad everything is going well. See ya'll soon.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

I am just so envious of the folk starting out. But, well, I have a great gig going at the morning, with a chance to make a real difference for some people's lives. So, no long-distance hiking for me. Gotta have the priorities straight!

Maybe I'll get out and try to make a nice surprise for some of you guys when you make it north. Anywhere between DWG and Manchester Center is manageable as a weekend trip. It'll have to be a "wave as you go by" or "feed you / buy you a drink / give you a present / shuttle you somewhere" sort of thing, because I know better than to try to hike with someone who's got their trail legs. You won't want me slowing you down.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Images

bedtime for now. tomorrow we hit the road

++ New Posts ++