WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Getting to Hartford, CT from Kent, CT

Hey WB,
    River here on the trail and movin' healthily along. I'm hoping to retrieve my dog from my friend who lives in Hartford, Ct. I was wondering was the cheapest/best way of getting to Hartford from Kent would be. I was thinking greyhound or amtrak possibly. If anyone has more advice please let me know. Thank you !!!
    -River

i could also go into Hartford from any other nearby cities ( north or south)

Images

I'd love to hear the answer to this question myself. I'm pretty close to Hartford and would be on the trail more often if I knew of an easy way. Off the top of my head-- I think you can take the Peter Pan bus line from Great Barrington or Lee down to Hartford. You could also take the train from Pawling to NYC and then over to Htfd. I'm pretty sure there's no good bus or train stops along the trail in CT. Hopefully someone can add more...

Images

Private message Driver 8 - he lives in Hartford and will give you much better information than you will get here.

If you weren't 6 hours away you know I'd help you out brother :-) Your flying along - will be around there on the 9th of August but I take it you need to get there sooner. See ya soon!

The most direct bus or train service is from Pittsfield MA. But that doesn't matter because neither one will let you on with a dog.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

I think there is an outfitter in Kent. They should be able to find someone who can help.

If your friend has a car, it would be easiest all around if he (she) could just drive out and meet you. It's only an hour or less drive to any point on the AT in CT from the Hartford area. (Does your friend actually live in the city or a near-by suburb?) Getting to Hartford from the trail will likely take all day. or two.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

Some car rental places will deliver the car to you.
    Possibilities:
    New Milford, CT, Hertz, (860) 355-3761 (21 minutes drive)
    Torrington, CT, Enterprise, (860) 482-5330 (37 minutes) The Enterprise rentals around here will deliver, but is this too far?

Hi River. I saw this response late, but I live near Hartford and can help you out if needed. Just shoot me a PM if you need something.

Images

Joker:

I spoke with him. He ended up getting a shuttle from Mass to Hartford area as it turned out. He's probably well into Vermont by now. Nice guy - hope he and the dog are having a ball.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

++ New Posts ++