WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: MLD Prophet

Default MLD Prophet

Anyone have any thoughts on or experience with this pack??

http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com...roducts_id=106

2900ci/14.5oz

Thinking of switching from first generation GoLite Jam...

Since no one is responding, I'll give you some indirect feedback. I have a hiking friend who after doing the PCT with a Golite Pinnacle bought a MLD Exodus and used it for thru-hiking the CDT and AT. His baseweight was 10lbs or less and was pretty happy with it for both trails as it was durable and carried up to 25 lbs. well. I happily use a ULA CDT, though it weighs more at 17oz with the way I have it configured.

Journal Entries

I've had a Phrophet for about 1 year and love it. I've used on 3 day 2 night trips including Dolly Sods. It's my favorite pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Grampsb View Post
    I've had a Phrophet for about 1 year and love it. I've used on 3 day 2 night trips including Dolly Sods. It's my favorite pack.
    Any thoughts on the optional (with additional charge) "lid"? Seems weird.

AT - 2013 PCT - 2014
    Journal Entries

I use the prophet and love it. Went through many other packs before finding this one. I have used it about 30 nights and wouldn't change a thing. I don't use any of the attachments though I did add a MYOG Cuben hip pouch.

I also use a 40" closed cell foam pad folded and tent poles from my tarptent to act as a frame. The foam double as ground protection for my inflatable pad.

My base weight is 12 lbs max in cold weather.

I would get another one if I lost this one for any reason.

Images

I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with the more recent models of the Prophet (or Burn) and specifically the CF version.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCut View Post
    I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with the more recent models of the Prophet (or Burn) and specifically the CF version.
    I have both a new Burn and a 2010. I like the straps on the older pack better but the closing feature and side pockets of the new pack are better IMHO. OTher than that it is pretty much the same lovable pack that has worked well for six year and counting.
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

++ New Posts ++