WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default General Shuttle question.

For the first time I will need to hire a shuttle for an upcoming section hike... I have always had my wife pick me up or used public transportation. Neither works for this trip, too long of a drive for my wife and no/little access to public transportation. I am ending in Cornwall Bridge Ct or in the general area and need a ride to the nearest metro station...
    I posted on the shuttle list the other day and within hours I had an offer! What a great community!! My question is do you line up a couple potential shuttle options and then finalize the last week or do you just settle up with one person? Takes a little leap of faith for both parties. How do others handle this?

Quote Originally Posted by gwb View Post
    For the first time I will need to hire a shuttle for an upcoming section hike... I have always had my wife pick me up or used public transportation. Neither works for this trip, too long of a drive for my wife and no/little access to public transportation. I am ending in Cornwall Bridge Ct or in the general area and need a ride to the nearest metro station...
    I posted on the shuttle list the other day and within hours I had an offer! What a great community!! My question is do you line up a couple potential shuttle options and then finalize the last week or do you just settle up with one person? Takes a little leap of faith for both parties. How do others handle this?
    My experience was always positive. I did call to confirm 1-2 days before in all cases as things do happen (i.e. illness)...
    2011 Through Hike - May 2nd Springer to Daleville, VA <> August 11 Katahdin back to Daleville, VA on December 22nd.

http://www.trailjournals.com/abouttime

Images

I would make arrangements with one person then confirm a few days out. Not really fair to reserve shuttles with several providers then cancel all but one at the last minute.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

Whever I travel I try to keep phone numbers of places I might need with me. These is usually taxi sevices or places I hope to visit like museums.

Perhaps make arrangements with one shuttle and keep the numbers of others handy just in case.

++ New Posts ++