WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Agree 100%.
    I think that was his intention...I can see how others could see it another way but I don't agree with their response if they did see it that way.

It's usually the same handfull of cyber bullys here and it's usually a group thing. You would hope they would have been shamed into cooling it after Suspect Hiker but these folks got not shame.

Images

The World is rather "screwed up" these days............not surprising to me that some are taking a path of least resistance.

Freedom of Speech .................. when you meet someone new no telling what their REAL opinions are. Most times you never know. Especially on the AT - most of my interactions are rather brief.

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    Who is the "We" you speak for? What this post shows is that over drinkers, drunkards, alcoholics, etc, can be as rude, beligerent and annoying in print as they are in person.
    Wait until I have a few drinks and I will respond to this.

Images

people who look for trouble find it. you guys are making a huge issue at the non issue. you don't want to hike with drunks don't hike with drunks. you don't want to hang out where there irs tobacco or other substances then don't hang out there. why is this so freakin complicated? and why the need to make such a formal pronouncement.

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    Wait until I have a few drinks and I will respond to this.
    Pour me a shot too!

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    DS sure is takin' a beatin'. i agree with him mostly though
    Yeah...me too to some extent...but I dont believe drinking is really the issue being hit upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    Yeah...me too to some extent...but I dont believe drinking is really the issue being hit upon.
    The issue is INTOLERENCE. HYOH = but if you do, don't count on hiking with DS.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    people who look for trouble find it. you guys are making a huge issue at the non issue. you don't want to hike with drunks don't hike with drunks. you don't want to hang out where there irs tobacco or other substances then don't hang out there. why is this so freakin complicated? and why the need to make such a formal pronouncement.
    Congrats on your 12 years... that's great!!

I agree - if you look for trouble you will find it. That's where I feel we "dropped the ball" here for DS. People started judging him unfairly causing him to be on the defensive right away. If we could have "talked" to him in a understanding manner- we would have been able to share some really helpful things with him. I really believe he would have been open to our thoughts. He would have felt like we "heard" him. Then, once a person feels understood- the sky is the limit on what kind of real help others can be on a site like this....I'm just sayin. Also, DS could, I'm sure, be a big help to others on this site, in other matters.

It wouldn't be so complicated. But, when good communication breaks down, this is the result. So we all ask... how's that working for us? I say it's not....

Images

everyone in life has to find their own path. they have to hike their own hike.. whatever they do it's their choice to make that's freedom we need to stop judging others. there's only 1 judge is far as I'm concerned. and it's all between me and him

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    everyone in life has to find their own path. they have to hike their own hike.. whatever they do it's their choice to make that's freedom we need to stop judging others. there's only 1 judge is far as I'm concerned. and it's all between me and him
    I love it HB... every word you just said is Truth....

Registered User Different Socks's Avatar
    Images

The issue is INTOLERENCE. HYOH = but if you do, don't count on hiking with DS.

Is that at all? Gee thanks! I'm alot more tolerant than you think. But I don't want to have to ask someone to not smoke just so I can breathe. Breathing is not an option, smoking is. Being forced to go into the woods to tent or choose another shelter is again a forced option on me if I end up at a shelter with people drinking. Drinking for them is a voluntary action and option.

Images

how often have you personally found this to be in issue? and I'm not talking about 1992.

Images

I'm waiting...

Oh and don't forget that talking on a cell phone gasp! is voluntary as well, Socks. Hike with whomever you want but it gets kinda old here having you post about all the groups you won't hike with.

Images

still waiting..........

What gets old is badgering and the way you guys hijack threads and HikerMom talking down to people like she is the expert on everything. What gets old is you guys turning threads into cyber cafe garbadge. Just look at the last few post. Who do you think you are fooling? You people are so disrespectful it's disgusting. You represent the rude and the entitled that everyone complains about. You say hike your own hike and the next time some hiker disagrees with you, you attack them. Fake people. Frauds.

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    What gets old is badgering and the way you guys hijack threads and HikerMom talking down to people like she is the expert on everything. What gets old is you guys turning threads into cyber cafe garbadge. Just look at the last few post. Who do you think you are fooling? You people are so disrespectful it's disgusting. You represent the rude and the entitled that everyone complains about. You say hike your own hike and the next time some hiker disagrees with you, you attack them. Fake people. Frauds.
    you're right. they talk trash then go over to that cyberhiker cafe BS thread and fawn all over each other. "we showed him/them!"

Images

Not a single 1 of my posts attack anybody. Some people just take themselves a bit too seriously. That's about all the attack I can offer

Images

Please explain where my posts attacked.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
++ New Posts ++