WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    That is the requirement to get started. What about afterwards?
    I know only one person currently on food stamps. She is a single mother of one child. She is required to submit signed forms and provide changes in her income on a monthly basis. The amount of food stamps she receives from month to month is dependent on this information.

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    I know only one person currently on food stamps. She is a single mother of one child. She is required to submit signed forms and provide changes in her income on a monthly basis. The amount of food stamps she receives from month to month is dependent on this information.
    the f***** up thing is if your an american you need to show proof and ID as you say, but if your an illegal you can get the same benifits if not more by proving nothing!
    same with drivers licenses, if you or me walk into the DMV we have to show records of who we are like birth certificates, how the hell are all the illegals getting drivers licenses then

its harder for american's to get assistance than non-american's

I hike, therefore I am.
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by scree View Post
    Looks like I struck a nerve. I suggest you think long and hard about how you respond to any crimes, including the one proposed by the original poster, that you may observe in your grocery store. The USDA does care about this problem, and perhaps more importantly, people like me do too.
    When you tell a blue collar working class guy to "get off my [their] ass and do something about it" do you NOT expect to strike a nerve? I mean seriously, you expect that person to bow out? The fact is you become a catalyst in their reaction, my reaction. So don't sit there banging away at your keyboard thinking you have nothing to do with why you're being attacked on your front.

Go ahead and call the USDA up and see how far you get with accusations you might discover. That kind of action is the lowest form to reform known to man, it's the "go to" reaction that is expected from someone who just wants to "dabble" in political policy, but not get their feet wet. The easy way out. The "feel good" about yourself method. Who cares that you care? When you idly sit by and let it happen? I mean seriously dude, you pine about how much you care. Big deal, a lot of people care, and they don't do shi7 about it, just like you. Good for you, you care. Show it. I dare you.

I hike, therefore I am.
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by CrumbSnatcher View Post
    its harder for american's to get assistance than non-american's
    That statement in itself is sad, however it does hold water. If it was "just as easy" then maybe "Joe bag o' donuts" wouldn't be so pissed off in the system.

Illegals getting ID's, food stamps, etc. are state issue's. Welfare, unemployment, food stamps, medicaid, etc. might be funded with federal funds, but they are managed and enforced by state agencies. Some states do good jobs and some are horrible. ID availability differs from state to state except for the new Homeland Security law that is requiring proof of legal residence and that is new and it is unknown how it will work or if it will work. Up to now a handful of states have given out licenses to whoever had the cash to pay for them.

Hey folks-NO POLITICS.

Several of you know better.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++