Red face Looking for a thru-Hike partner-any age

Hi, I'm Lisa. I've thought of this hike for many years. I was physically not capable of doing it then. Now I'm a slightly more capable ( i think ..lol) and i really would like to get started in March 2013. I wanted to see if their are others with a slow pace interest in the begining. I want to enjoy this hike. I'm not looking to complete it in a month....I think it would be amazing to have someone to make it fun!. I love to laugh and have a good outdoor foundation. Let me know if your interested!

GA>ME

Thanks-Lisa

Hi Lisa! I am tentatively planning a trip this upcoming spring as well, and was looking to start in March 2013. I have done several backpacking trips over the past 10 years but nothing more than 4 nights. I would love to talk more with you on possibly hiking together! I am really new to all of this white blaze forum stuff, and just decided, recently that I am going to make this AT trip happen within the next year.

Hope to talk soon!
    Lysie

While I understand your desire to share this experience, I hope you do not allow that desire to dictate your plans and ambitions. If you desire adventure satisfy that desire. You will without a doubt find others ,along your way, who will share the same ambition for life as yourself. The most challenging thing is to walk out on your porch and close the door behind you, after that is done I assure you everything will fall into place. GO!

Hey Lisa, I'm Amy I just started revisiting the idea since the cosmos are seemingly aligning for a hike this spring so I've started my research again and making plans. I'm also looking for someone to start the trail with and I'll probably be going at a slower pace at the start to try and feel things out. Would love to talk more to you

Amy

Journal Entries

I will be out on the trail with a start date of March 31. I hope to meet you there. Going solo is never a problem because the trail community is so welcoming that you are never alone, if you don't want to be. I usually hike solo, but it does not stay that way for long. Too many wonderful people to get to know. The friendships that I have made over my years of section hiking have lasted and have grown.

Hi, Lisa. I'm planning on starting March 16-17 (I think the 16th for the approach trail), and I really want to take it slow at the start. Not a spring chicken, and I want to make sure my knees do OK at the beginning. If you're interested in that time frame, send me a PM.
    Quilteresq
    2013, hopefully.

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slow n' Steady View Post
    I will be out on the trail with a start date of March 31. I hope to meet you there. Going solo is never a problem because the trail community is so welcoming that you are never alone, if you don't want to be. I usually hike solo, but it does not stay that way for long. Too many wonderful people to get to know. The friendships that I have made over my years of section hiking have lasted and have grown.
    So true! A daay has not gone by in my life since the summer of 1997 without thoughts of being on the trail. I had no idea at all that I would meet friends out there. It is a solo trek. The friends and associations are just the delicious topping. Get yourself ready to hike your own hike at your own pace. Make no decisions based on the needs of others than to be nice while out there. Read every book and journal you can for tips. Just do it!
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Quote Originally Posted by slow mind View Post
    While I understand your desire to share this experience, I hope you do not allow that desire to dictate your plans and ambitions. If you desire adventure satisfy that desire. You will without a doubt find others ,along your way, who will share the same ambition for life as yourself. The most challenging thing is to walk out on your porch and close the door behind you, after that is done I assure you everything will fall into place. GO!
    Lisa...good councel from Slow Mind...it's amazing how quickly you develop a sense of belonging when you hit the trail...best wishes.

Hi ladies! I'm planning to start NB this spring (March/April w/ the herd). My biggest obstacle is finding a temporary home for my furry son. I like to savor my time in the woods, so I tend to be a slow mover. Slow and stead worked for the tortoise right? Hope to meet you all on the trail!

Seems to be quite a few WB ladies looking to head out this spring. Count me in as one who has the bug, but also two little fur faces who need lookin' after. Hmmm. WV, what kinda li'l guy have you got?
    "We wanderers, ever seeking the lonlier way,..."
    Kahlil Gibran ~ The Prophet

A naughty rescue mutt! I have two prospective homes for him, but neither is ideal.

2011-12-31 15.26.32.jpg

Ah WV, he is ADORABLE!! So cute! Sounds like someone should open a (thru) hiker pet hotel!!

Late Jan I'll be sitting with, a Husky, Ozzy, another naughty rescue. He is one pampered pup now, and I look forward to being with him, for the adventure. The front doormat says it best: "A Shelter Dog Rescued This Family."

My lovlies are cats -- Puddy & Little Buddy Roger. I planned and then postponed a thru 3 years ago, would like to think I could continue with my plan this year..but have no one to take them. Hmmm...

A pet hotel would be great, but geez, most of us can't afford boarding costs for that long. I really hope my friend's ex boyfriend (they are still good friends) would dog sit for me as he has thru-hiking the AT on his bucket list too. No luck on that end so far, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Yah...I was thinking more along the lines of something that would be hiker affordable. Pet care is difficult all the way around...expected long time absence...possible early return...ya just don't know. Good Luck with finding care for your li'l guy and with your hike.

Wish I was going in 2013, I would love to hike with a group of girls!! I am starting my hike in 2014. I also would like to start out slow, get my hiker legs, make up time on the not so hard parts, just enjoy this once in a life time (who knows maybe it won't be just once in a life time). Good luck on your hike, if you journel I will read!! Linder

So I think I've found my furry son a temporary home! It'll mean a 12 hr drive to get him there but I'm more comfortable w/ this friend watching him than the others. Fingers crossed that this holds out and the winter is mild and spring comes early!

I heading nobo on Mar 14, 2013 ;-)
    Eyeballing the ides of March 2012 a possible D-day

Images

Hi everyone,

I'm a 24 year old female fresh out of college looking to make a group of just women for a late march start NOBO.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. Thanks! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Kari Clancy View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm a 24 year old female fresh out of college looking to make a group of just women for a late march start NOBO.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. Thanks! =)
    I'm hoping to leave April 13th - if you haven't found anyone yet or end up leaving around then instead, hit me up!

Images

You'll all make friends easily on trail too. There are tons of people at the start. Also, if you stay at hikerhostel, you'll undoubtedly make a few friends before Springer.
    No worries; we're here to learn.
    My ink trail.

++ New Posts ++