WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Missed Connections?

I hiked the Long Trail SOBO in 2012 from July 6-23, and met some fantastic people along the way (mostly headed North, which was a shame). Are any of you guys here?

My trail name was Hermes, acquired a few days into the trip (originally Nick). I'm 6'2", young, skinny, and hike fast (20 mile days).

I'll post more later about my trip...it was a fantastic one. Hiking the AT next summer because of it.

Don't think so.. i was NOBO July 22-Aug 9 so you were on the way out. It's cool you had a good trip though.

It is funny that many of us did it at a pretty similar pace.. maybe we'll change the "average" from a month down to more like 3 weeks

HERMES ITS REDBEARD!! Holy ****..I was just looking through my LT pictures and saw the picture I took of your trail Journal entry the day after Manchester Center. you mentioned you were behind me for 250 miles and passed me when I was resupplying in town. I looked for before and just happened to check here..too funny.

Redbeard, the single most elusive man on the Long Trail. Great to finally get in touch!

Journal Entries

I remember you Hermes! I can't quite remember when we crossed paths but you gave solid advice on where to get water during the mini-draught north of the AT, I want to say it was somewhere near Lincoln gap - so jealous that you're thruhiking this summer!

++ New Posts ++