WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bubonicplay View Post
    I used to get drunk when I was younger, but its just not worth it the next morning anymore...
    I'm with you on that bubon but your younger and my younger are two different youngers
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Four of us had a float trip planned on the New River. Myself and Nelson went down Friday night and camped on the bank, the other two friends were to join us early Saturday morning. Some college kids camped next to us and forced us to have a few drinks with them. I crawled into the truck bed at 11:00 and went to sleep, knowing I needed to get up early. About 6:00 next morning the other two guys woke me up with "where's all this money coming from". These guys are alway clowning so I thought they were kidding. Opened my eyes and they had fist fulls of wet money. Looked over at Nelson and he was naked as a jay bird, wet, and looked like he'd been in a bear fight, huge cuts and scapes all over. Nelson had no memory of what happened, best we can figure he fell into the river where a lot of tree roots were, by the grace of God was able to save himself and hung his clothes and money up to dry. Money was scattered all over the field next morning. Nelson sobered up when we flipped the canoe in 6' waves and had to ride it upside down for a few hundred yards.

Likely more sarcastic than you!
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Calson View Post
    wow, lighten up. just because you don't drink doesn't mean you have to be a buzz killington to the rest of us.
    +1. If you don't want ever to see any drunk people, perhaps you should be the one to stay home.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Elder View Post
    If you google "drunk Hiker Tales" they show a picture of Baltimore Jack.
    Baltimore Jack taught my dog to drink. Pic in my gallery. Not posting any more pics today.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

An unfortunate story was the "thru" hiker who came into Gorham NH late season. The state liquor store is right next door to the post office. The "thru" hiker picked up a resupply and headed south out of Gorham with a 1/5th of Jack Daniels. At some point, two day hikers ran into a very drunk half dressed thru hiker wandering around on Mt Moriah in late season freezing conditions. The individual was very drunk and hypothermic and refused help. Fish and Game was called and they rescued him. That incident started the process in motion to charge for rescues of reckless hikers.

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Elder View Post
    If you google "drunk Hiker Tales" they show a picture of Baltimore Jack.
    WOW! I tried it and it really did show the picture!
    ~~^^^~~^^~^^^~~~^^^^^~^~
    Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.

Images

I've seen a lot of pics of Baltimore Jack and they mostly look like what I would expect to see if I googled drunk hiker......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++