WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sherpas

Default Sherpas

So I won the powerball jackpot and was wondering if there was an AT sherpas union to carry my gear and maybe me too. Or do I need to look for some undocumented illegal aliens for this position.

Other positions needing filled are massage therapist and chef, although Rachel Ray is considering this position.

Default Sherpas

I don't know whether or not to believe you. The odds of us both winning seen slim.

You aren't going anywhere with or without sherpas, Rachel Ray(actually I'd choose Giada, she's a hottie and seems like she would be more fun, she's got a knock out smile too), or shi tzu massage therapist until the gov't takes a BIG chunk out of change out of your so called 550 mill. Wouldn't mind having that problem though.

Your tickets must be bogus, I am the winner, and chef Emerill has agreed to come to my new hiking hostel along the CDT, and spread his sunshine. Also Mags has agreed to host a beer tasting weekly for newbie hikers, and which pubs love thruhikers.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    (actually I'd choose Giada, she's a hottie and seems like she would be more fun, she's got a knock out smile too),
    ...except her head is too large. She'd probably get tired of carrying it the whole way...

bighead.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TunaSlayer View Post
    So I won the powerball jackpot and was wondering if there was an AT sherpas union to carry my gear and maybe me too. Or do I need to look for some undocumented illegal aliens for this position.

Other positions needing filled are massage therapist and chef, although Rachel Ray is considering this position.
    If I won, this is exactly what I would do (sherpas to carry my gear) but my celebrity chef would be one of the Voltaggio brothers, maybe they could take turns every other week.
    Trillium

I can cook circles around RR and I can hike

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    You aren't going anywhere with or without sherpas, Rachel Ray(actually I'd choose Giada, she's a hottie and seems like she would be more fun, she's got a knock out smile too), or shi tzu massage therapist until the gov't takes a BIG chunk out of change out of your so called 550 mill. Wouldn't mind having that problem though.
    I'd send Victoria's Secret Angels to cooking school in France.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

let me get this straight. you have millions and you want a half dozen strangers carry you off into the woods................GOOD LUCK!
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    let me get this straight. you have millions and you want a half dozen strangers carry you off into the woods................GOOD LUCK!
    C'mon Karl
    Wasn't that the way that the way of the old school English gentlemen Alpinists like Mallory

Images

i will trade for your winning tickt with the atm card worth $35 million that robert mueller director of the fbi woho uses poor syntax says is from anti fraud compensation fund that im entitled to. i had to send them all my personal information, dob,ssn, bank routing #s and such. i should be getting the card anyday now. i need the money too. somebody stole all my money from my bank account. i have robert mueller working on the problem though, and expect a reply shortly.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

The Nigerian Central Bank just contacted me. They informed me that they will be depositing 47.5 million dollars in my bank account!
    I'm a winner and I didn't even have to buy a ticket!!!! I just need to give them my information so they can give me the money

HAVING CONSULTED WITH MY COLLEAGUES AND BASED ON THE INFORMATION GATHERED FROM THE NIGERIAN CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY, I HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO REQUEST FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE TO TRANSFER THE SUM OF $47,500,000.00 (FORTY SEVEN MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) INTO YOUR ACCOUNTS. THE ABOVE SUM RESULTED FROM AN OVER-INVOICED CONTRACT, EXECUTED COMMISSIONED AND PAID FOR ABOUT FIVE YEARS (5) AGO BY A FOREIGN CONTRACTOR. THIS ACTION WAS HOWEVER INTENTIONAL AND SINCE THEN THE FUND HAS BEEN IN A SUSPENSE ACCOUNT AT THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA APEX BANK.

WE ARE NOW READY TO TRANSFER THE FUND OVERSEAS AND THAT IS WHERE YOU COME IN. IT IS IMPORTANT TO INFORM YOU THAT AS CIVIL SERVANTS, WE ARE FORBIDDEN TO OPERATE A FOREIGN ACCOUNT; THAT IS WHY WE REQUIRE YOUR ASSISTANCE. THE TOTAL SUM WILL BE SHARED AS FOLLOWS: 70% FOR US, 25% FOR YOU AND 5% FOR LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL EXPENSES INCIDENT TO THE TRANSFER.

THE TRANSFER IS RISK FREE ON BOTH SIDES. I AM AN ACCOUNTANT WITH THE NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION (NNPC). IF YOU FIND THIS PROPOSAL ACCEPTABLE, WE SHALL REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:

(A) YOUR BANKER'S NAME, TELEPHONE, ACCOUNT AND FAX NUMBERS.
    (B) YOUR PRIVATE TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS -- FOR CONFIDENTIALITY AND EASY COMMUNICATION.
    (C) YOUR LETTER-HEADED PAPER STAMPED AND SIGNED.

ALTERNATIVELY WE WILL FURNISH YOU WITH THE TEXT OF WHAT TO TYPE INTO YOUR LETTER-HEADED PAPER, ALONG WITH A BREAKDOWN EXPLAINING, COMPREHENSIVELY WHAT WE REQUIRE OF YOU. THE BUSINESS WILL TAKE US THIRTY (30) WORKING DAYS TO ACCOMPLISH.

PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY.
    BEST REGARDS

"Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Don H View Post
    The Nigerian Central Bank just contacted me. They informed me that they will be depositing 47.5 million dollars in my bank account!
    I'm a winner and I didn't even have to buy a ticket!!!! I just need to give them my information so they can give me the money
    HAVING CONSULTED WITH MY COLLEAGUES AND BASED ON THE INFORMATION GATHERED FROM THE NIGERIAN CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY, I HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO REQUEST FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE TO TRANSFER THE SUM OF $47,500,000.00 (FORTY SEVEN MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) INTO YOUR ACCOUNTS. THE ABOVE SUM RESULTED FROM AN OVER-INVOICED CONTRACT, EXECUTED COMMISSIONED AND PAID FOR ABOUT FIVE YEARS (5) AGO BY A FOREIGN CONTRACTOR. THIS ACTION WAS HOWEVER INTENTIONAL AND SINCE THEN THE FUND HAS BEEN IN A SUSPENSE ACCOUNT AT THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA APEX BANK.

WE ARE NOW READY TO TRANSFER THE FUND OVERSEAS AND THAT IS WHERE YOU COME IN. IT IS IMPORTANT TO INFORM YOU THAT AS CIVIL SERVANTS, WE ARE FORBIDDEN TO OPERATE A FOREIGN ACCOUNT; THAT IS WHY WE REQUIRE YOUR ASSISTANCE. THE TOTAL SUM WILL BE SHARED AS FOLLOWS: 70% FOR US, 25% FOR YOU AND 5% FOR LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL EXPENSES INCIDENT TO THE TRANSFER.

THE TRANSFER IS RISK FREE ON BOTH SIDES. I AM AN ACCOUNTANT WITH THE NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION (NNPC). IF YOU FIND THIS PROPOSAL ACCEPTABLE, WE SHALL REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:

(B) YOUR PRIVATE TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS -- FOR CONFIDENTIALITY AND EASY COMMUNICATION.

ALTERNATIVELY WE WILL FURNISH YOU WITH THE TEXT OF WHAT TO TYPE INTO YOUR LETTER-HEADED PAPER, ALONG WITH A BREAKDOWN EXPLAINING, COMPREHENSIVELY WHAT WE REQUIRE OF YOU. THE BUSINESS WILL TAKE US THIRTY (30) WORKING DAYS TO ACCOMPLISH.

PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY.
    BEST REGARDS

hey wait a minute

PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY.
    BEST REGARDS

They did pretty good on that one. Every time I get one, something is spelled wrong. I guess you better jump on it.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY.
    BEST REGARDS

Who the hell has personal letterhead anymore? 47 million down the drain.

Images

what do you stamp the letterhead with

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    what do you stamp the letterhead with
    It's almost like something from the 50's. They really need to upgrade their scam letter. Does he really believe that a real civil servant would give a crap about not being allowed to have a foreign account. We have Timothy Geitner for gods sake.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    It's almost like something from the 50's. They really need to upgrade their scam letter. Does he really believe that a real civil servant would give a crap about not being allowed to have a foreign account. We have Timothy Geitner for gods sake.
    i havent heard from mr geitner. i do get regular correspondence from robert mueller though.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    i havent heard from mr geitner. i do get regular correspondence from robert mueller though.
    I think his friends call him "Turbo"

GA-ME 2011
    Images

I stamped the letterhead with the total amount in my bank account. They will be impressed with the six figure number, too bad it's all ZEROS!

I can't wait to get the 47.5 mil, I've already spent half of it on ultra light cuben gear!
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++