WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chip Leonard

you promised me I could pet the rabbit lenny

I got an easy resipe for stuffed quohoggs : Cook the clams in a big pot or small one save the juice after you strain out the debris. getsome good instant stuffing at the supermarket(not chicker flavor) like peperage farm. chop all the clam meat up or blend it save the empty shells. Use the water you saved to make the stuffing and mix the chopped up clam meat with it. Fill the shells with this and baked it with some butter on each one or I usekielbasa on each one .MMMMMM

If you guys ever want a good place to dig clams let me know.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Clamslayer

The reason he makes so many miles is he carries nothing but peanut butter sandwiches a water bottle and a bivy sack. whats that all of 9 pounds? My pack was 8800 cubic inches Dana Designs Arkflex ll and it was full. Yea he pissed me off but I got over it.

Anyone remember bill the blind hiker? The roving wanderer ? he carried that dog thru the smokies that he found on the trail . Vagabond Lou? hell of a nice guy. Gutless? Strider? Marmot? Lagunatic? did she ever make that AT movie?
    Lots of good memories

ME-->GA 91
    Long TRAIL 92

clamslayer
    hey who is the retired military SGM that lived at the castle right down from Bob Peoples that hikes the trail all the time or use to? I remember him telling me that he slapped the crap out of Leonard one time and that he or someone else tied him to a tree one night away from a shelter that he had disrupted. who was that guy? short fellow, glasses, bald?

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI16
    I've spent alot of time tossing live eels and plugs to the stripers at Watch Hill, Quonny, Weekapaug, Charletown Breachway, Point Judith and lots of other places. I really miss RI. I've caught some big 'uns up there. Great state! My wife just found a receipt from a cafe at Watch Hill from the early September '01. Brought back lots of memories - both good & bad.
    i hung out in providence and then block island back in the spring of '02. i liked RI, the people were reallyfriendly to this stranger........

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Clamslayer
    I got an easy resipe for stuffed quohoggs : Cook the clams in a big pot or small one save the juice after you strain out the debris. getsome good instant stuffing at the supermarket(not chicker flavor) like peperage farm. chop all the clam meat up or blend it save the empty shells. Use the water you saved to make the stuffing and mix the chopped up clam meat with it. Fill the shells with this and baked it with some butter on each one or I usekielbasa on each one .MMMMMM
    making my mouth water.........

2006 Thru-hiker in planning dje97001's Avatar
    Images

Default Clams and other things.

We just went to the Chowderfest in Newport last week. mmm... mmm... good.

Well I'm glad to hear about him hear and now. Sounds like everyone "just knows him" and lets him play his " head games". Someone needs to actually stomp his butt and tie him up 500 yrds off the trail and save everyone else down trail. I'll tell you right here and now, the first time he starts anything with me I'll show him why he should not run his mouth to people he doesn't know that far from help. I don't negiotiate peace with people like that. You ever see that guy on the trail after you've met me out there tell him I want to meet him! I might not stop him but I'll dang sure break him the habit of it!

Default Ward vs. You

You really thing kicking wards ass will do anything? You know howto get to him??????? Here how: Tell him he is a no good slack packing blue blazer. You have my word as a hiker he will self destruct right in front of you.

sorry about my spellin I just finished a dozen doughnuts and now I'm a little dizzy

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivershagnasty
    Well I'm glad to hear about him hear and now. Sounds like everyone "just knows him" and lets him play his " head games". Someone needs to actually stomp his butt and tie him up 500 yrds off the trail and save everyone else down trail. I'll tell you right here and now, the first time he starts anything with me I'll show him why he should not run his mouth to people he doesn't know that far from help. I don't negiotiate peace with people like that. You ever see that guy on the trail after you've met me out there tell him I want to meet him! I might not stop him but I'll dang sure break him the habit of it!
    I don't think you understand. Stomping on Leonard for his head games is a bit like kicking a hiker on crutches because you can't stand his limping. He is to be pitied, not beat on.

Weary

Now we're talking about a trail legend here!
    One of the 1st lightweight hikers.
    Probably hold some kind of record for the most thru-hikes ever.
    Probably holds the record for the most fights, jail time, arguments, confrontations, etc. on the trail too.
    Has a lot of balls! Does anyone remember the time he came to the gathering (i think it was about 10 years ago) and when the 1st speaker of the weekend got up and said "i'm a hiker" (his first words) Ward stands up from his seat in the back and says "Says who!" He couldn't handle the crowds and hostility or whatever goes thru his mind around people, and left soon after. I guess this was the best that he could do.
    Anyway, he is one hell of a hiker and should've been an ultra runner.

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer
    hey who is the retired military SGM that lived at the castle right down from Bob Peoples that hikes the trail all the time or use to? I remember him telling me that he slapped the crap out of Leonard one time and that he or someone else tied him to a tree one night away from a shelter that he had disrupted. who was that guy? short fellow, glasses, bald?
    Are you thinking of Seiko? (Not sure of his spelling, if it's like the watch or not). When not out hiking, he's been known to stop up at Kincora with some outstanding food. Just drops it off, chats for a brief while, then is on his way. His way of giving back. I took a hero day there and was grilling some honey mustard chicken for everybody out hiking. Seiko shows up with a dish that made my gourmet chicken look like dogfood. Hard to believe that there were leftovers along the Trail, but it certainly wasn't Seiko's cooking that we ate for breakfast the next day!

<Anyone remember bill the blind hiker? The roving wanderer ? he carried that dog thru the smokies that he found on the trail . Vagabond Lou? hell of a nice guy. Gutless? Strider? Marmot? Lagunatic? did she ever make that AT movie?
    Lots of good memories>

I met Bill Erwin at Trail Daze in 1990. Had many encounters with Lagunatic (Carol Moore) and have her video, somewhere. It was a bit disappointing -- not nearly as professional as Lynne Wheldon's which preceded it. Carol followed the wave of hikers throughout the 1990 season and performed countless acts of Trail Angeling. We exchanged Xmas cards for a few years but I've since lost contact with her, and just about everyone else I met on that years' hike.

I also had a few encounters with Ward. One just below Hampton, and another in Baxter Park in September of that same year (1990). Fortunately both brief and non-violent.

When I met Ward near Hampton, he informed me that he'd left Springer ten days before. I'd been on the trail about a month at that point. He was pissed off at me because I didn't know who he was.

Most memorable personality from that year was Lone Wolf, with whom I hiked briefly. Seen him on the 'net here and there, but not in person since then.

rafe b
    aka terrapin

The Only Wanderer I think Rendezvous01, is correct about who you are looking for Seiko, I met him in 02, the last day or Sunday, of traildays, I went buy the Kincora to say hi to Bob and Pat, drop off some used clothes and vacuum sealed trail food for hikers needing supplies to get to Damascus, and was invited by Pat, to go to a picnic at Watagua Lake, they were having for Hikers who stayed on to do trail work.

I got to talking to a guy there that meets your description to a T, he said his name was Seiko, a really nice guy. He said he was retired (didn't say from where), and hiked the trail a lot, many times over and was hiking that year but came back for traildays and the work event. Even he is smaller than me (physically I am, 6ft & weight 225, although my hiking weight is best around 190 -195) I got the impression he would not take any crap from anyone like this guy.

Imet some guys in 00 who started a week or so after me, who described running into a guy like Ward, in Ga or NC, they said he was a real piece of work. Always saying smart mouth stuff, the guy I was walking too, basicly said he finally told the guy to shutup or putup. He said the guy left and they never saw him again.

I would be curious to know where he is, I am also considering a NOBO for early next year God willing, and I would rather not have to deal with this guy, because I do have a bit of short fuse when it comes to people like that.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by weary
    I don't think you understand. Stomping on Leonard for his head games is a bit like kicking a hiker on crutches because you can't stand his limping. He is to be pitied, not beat on.

Weary
    i agree with that but not pity, understanding and once you understand then you'll be able to communicate....

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rendezvous01
    Are you thinking of Seiko? (Not sure of his spelling, if it's like the watch or not). When not out hiking, he's been known to stop up at Kincora with some outstanding food. Just drops it off, chats for a brief while, then is on his way. His way of giving back. I took a hero day there and was grilling some honey mustard chicken for everybody out hiking. Seiko shows up with a dish that made my gourmet chicken look like dogfood. Hard to believe that there were leftovers along the Trail, but it certainly wasn't Seiko's cooking that we ate for breakfast the next day!
    thats him, anyone got an email on him, sure would like to talk to him, good guy there i thought..........

Ward is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic. The first time we met in 89 he pulled the tough guy act with me. I knew there was something different about him so my feathers didn't get ruffled. He's the toughest hiker I know. He's a friend.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TakeABreak
    I would be curious to know where he is, I am also considering a NOBO for early next year God willing, and I would rather not have to deal with this guy, because I do have a bit of short fuse when it comes to people like that.
    i wouldn't worry none about him, i just want to know where he's at so i can see how he's doing..............?

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf
    Ward is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic. The first time we met in 89 he pulled the tough guy act with me. I knew there was something different about him so my feathers didn't get ruffled. He's the toughest hiker I know. He's a friend.
    dang right, he's tough................there's some that are brutes of brute strength and there's some that are brute of brute" getting the job done..............

Last I knew he was living in Connecticut with his parents. I saw him and his dad hiking in Sages Ravine a few years ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++