WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Images

I received a base layer top and bottom (Sam's Club), collapsible stool (might be OK for a section hike), outdoor wool blend Cabin socks, zipper pulls (very handy), Dunkin Donuts coffee (for the trail), 2 mini rolls of duct tape. Waiting for tax time to buy a new tent and sleeping bag. I've decided on the 2 man Mountainsmith Morrison. Maybe the Kelty Coromell 25 degree down bag.
    Last edited by coolness; 12-26-2012 at 17:36.
    Hiking - Where would I rather be??
    Coolness aka Coffee Pot

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

a Warbonnet Yeti underquilt!

Images

gift cards from rei and ems.they know im tired of returning canteens, stainless steel coffee flasks, bincoulars and other well meaning but useless items.
    yeah, gift cards.

I got a completely worthless hydration pack from my father in law. I am 6' 2" 240lbs. I put it on and it looked like I was wearing a deck of cards on my back. He also must have pulled it out of his closet because High Sierra hasn't made this one in about 5 years, so no sending it back anywhere. I gave it to the eight year old, she said "What am I going to do with this? It's heavy and worthless". She then proceded to cut all the buckles and straps off so she could use them to sew a new strap on her pack to hold her Leki's. My wife did get me a nice hand-made scarf......

I got a JRB Winters Nest quilt from my children. Very pleased with this gift even though weather/rain has prevented me from setting it up yet with my HH.

Images

I got a Lightheart SoLong6 cuben tent from my girlfriend, I love it! and I ordered a zpacks quilt for a gift to me, Huge weight savings in sleeping gear for me!

Santa brought me a vacuum sealer. Angus got a monogramed pack, that he had to test drive today; what a 'yup pup'. He hopes no one got a Red Rider BB Gun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

This makes me feel egotistically self-aggrandizing... but I'm stoked! I "stuffed my own stocking" with an EnLIGHTened Equipment Revelation X quilt-- 30 degrees and 30% overstuffed. I test-napped out in the garage this afternoon-- it was only 23 degrees in the garage, but I slept comfy warm for about half an hour-- dressed in a T-shirt, jeans, cotton socks and a beanie, lying on my old Therm-a-Rest on the garage floor! #totalgeekitude
    Last edited by RodentWhisperer; 12-26-2012 at 21:59.
    "We can no longer live as rats. We know too much." -- Nicodemus

MontBell Ex Light 900 fill power down jacket 5.7 ounces dark navy. Hal-lelujah! Hallelujah, Hallelujah! Ha-lle-lu-jah!

Got a couple of AT books. Avalanche and Gorilla Jim is good so far.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

PCT 2013, most of AT 2011, rest of AT 2014

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    steri pen that im sending back. i got giardia in Vermont this year so my wife thought i needed one...ill keep taking my chances on untreated water. took 15 years to get it the first time if it takes another 15 years to get it again ill save the 4oz
    I like it ... stick to your guns.

As for me, I got a GoLite Bitterroot down hooded jacket. Tried it on and it's approximately the comfiest piece of outerwear I've ever worn. A pair of Icebreaker hiking socks too.
    "Hahk your own hahk." - Ron Haven

"The world is a book, of which those who do not travel read only a page." - St. Augustine

http://www.scrubhiker.com/

Images

Tent Cot, which will end up collecting dust in my attic. Turned around and bought myself a 0 degree Enlightened Equipment quilt, Zpacks down hood and ground sheet, Neoair Xtherm, and still have 700 bucks to play with.

Images

Asked for spot head lamp; got storm. I wanted the spot cause it is slightly lighter, but I like the added water protection of the storm. Both are sweet.

I asked for SmartWool light baselayer. Got that AND HeatTech baselayer from Uniquo; I don't know much at all about the later, so I have homework to do.

Asked for and recieved PacerPoles which I'm extremely excited to try out. I'm a huge fan of poles, but these are a very different concept, so they'll be interesting to try. They're more durable than most poles which is good for me.

Journal Entries

Waiting for notice from Six Moon Designs that I can order my Skyscape X

Bunch of Mountain House Meals, thermometor for my bag and more support from my parents for my Thru Hike.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RedRunnerJumper View Post
    Bunch of Mountain House Meals, thermometor for my bag and more support from my parents for my Thru Hike.
    Did you get your sticks Yet?

Images

Got a nice little Cordilera 800 fill down jacket!

Also got a 2013 ATC Appalachian Trail calendar so I can sit at my desk and fantasize about being on the trail while I'm at work!

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    I got a completely worthless hydration pack from my father in law. I am 6' 2" 240lbs. I put it on and it looked like I was wearing a deck of cards on my back. He also must have pulled it out of his closet because High Sierra hasn't made this one in about 5 years, so no sending it back anywhere. I gave it to the eight year old, she said "What am I going to do with this? It's heavy and worthless". She then proceded to cut all the buckles and straps off so she could use them to sew a new strap on her pack to hold her Leki's. My wife did get me a nice hand-made scarf......
    Geez... I hope you said Thank You.

A proper quick, brave, steady, ready gentleman! ocourse's Avatar

My dear wife got me a stuffed black bear, about 4' long. It is a pleasant reminder of the bear that charged me last summer on the Skyline Drive part of the A.T.
    I've learned....
    That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

A proper quick, brave, steady, ready gentleman! ocourse's Avatar

My dear wife got me a stuffed black bear, about 4' long. It is a pleasant reminder of the bear that charged me last summer on the Skyline Drive part of the A.T.
    I've learned....
    That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++