WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Thru Hikers of 2014 - TV Question

Hello!

Random thread here! I am a development TV producer at Crybaby Media in NYC always on the hunt for new shows and larger than life characters!

Currently I am developing a show on thru hiking! We want to hear your story. Looking for the most intense thru hikers who wouldn't mind breaking records this up coming season. The hikers we are looking for - hike alone, know how to survive in the woods, travel light, and are determined to finish in a certain amount of time. So wether it's the Appalachian Trail your hiking, the Great Divide or the 100 other long distance hikes in the U.S. - we want to hear your story and approach!

If this is you OR you know would would be perfect - please call or email anytime! Look forward to telling your more about the project!

Bryan Severance
    crybaby media
    732.673.2456 (c)
    www.crybaby-media.com

Default Thru Hikers of 2014 - TV Question

Hello!

Random email here! I am a development TV producer at Crybaby Media in NYC always on the hunt for new shows and larger than life characters!

Currently I am developing a show on thru hiking! We want to hear your story. Looking for the most intense thru hikers who wouldn't mind breaking records this up coming season. The hikers we are looking for - hike alone, know how to survive in the woods, travel light, and are determined to finish in a certain amount of time. So wether it's the Appalachian Trail your hiking, the Great Divide or the 100 other long distance hikes in the U.S. - we want to hear your story and approach!

If this is you OR you know would would be perfect - please call or email anytime! Look forward to telling your more about the project!

Bryan Severance
    crybaby media
    732.673.2456 (c)
    www.crybaby-media.com

Images

Should really wait until 2016 - that's when the REAL hikers will be out. Sweet 16's !!!!
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Most AT thru-hikers have few, if any, "survive in the woods" skills.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

Unless someone is bringing food, then resupplying in town will be the way a hiker survives. I really hope the trail doesn't become fodder for reality shows.

Images

WOW, like all the hikers fighting over shelter space as a killer storm approaches, the bear attacks, boy meets girl meets boy on trail love triangles, climbing Mt. Washington and Katahdin in raging blizzards, being washed downstream to certain death while fording the Kennebec - and falling into the privy? None of that $#!^ or anything close ever really happens. The AT is called "the long green tunnel" for a reason. It's mostly a boring walk in the woods, fueled by starchy foods, with a few nice views punctuated by stops at towns to eat, REST, eat, pop blisters, eat, buy trail food, eat, shower, eat, wash clothes, eat - sense a pattern here? Seriously, some of us here have thrown out sarcastic ideas relating to "If the AT were a reality show, it would be like _____". It provides some good humor, but there is precious little material for even contrived drama.

Now if you want to do a sitcom, then definitely PM me.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crybaby.Media View Post
    We want to hear your story. Looking for the most intense thru hikers who wouldn't mind breaking records this up coming season.
    What kind of records? The most pop-tarts eaten? Fastest half-gallon ice cream challenge? Stinkiest funk? Most Ramen noodles eaten?

No offense meant, but this sounds like a load of bull****. With as many spelling and grammar errors as this post has, I'm calling foul on this one.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman88 View Post
    No offense meant, but this sounds like a load of bull****. With as many spelling and grammar errors as this post has, I'm calling foul on this one.
    Nah, he's for real. The younger generation just doesn't seem to think that spelling words correctly or using proper grammar is important. It's the new industry policy - no journalist left behind.
    http://crybaby-media.squarespace.com/the-team/
    http://crybaby-media.squarespace.com/about/

please don't do this

Images

how do you define an intense thru hiker?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    how do you define an intense thru hiker?
    it's what they sleep in

,but didn't i say it. mark my words
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Sounds like your looking for survivalists not thru hikers. You should thru hike some trails yourself , then you will understand what it's all about. Good luck.

Journal Entries

King Gator may take you up on it. Trail journals site do a search for King Gator
    I start out the Day with nothing and by the end of the Day I still have most of it.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danl View Post
    King Gator may take you up on it. Trail journals site do a search for King Gator
    Sorry, it's "J.B. aka Gator"
    I start out the Day with nothing and by the end of the Day I still have most of it.

Anyone hiking the A.T. is an intense hiker

Default TV Question - Thru Hikers Pacific Crest Trail

Hello!

Random email here! I am a development TV producer at Crybaby Media in NYC always on the hunt for new shows and larger than life characters!

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Remember the thread about the reality show? It's real!

http://crybaby-media.squarespace.com/about/

Ill just wish Cry Baby Media goodluck. I'm going to sit back and munch popcorn.

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

What? You gave up on the AT reality show already?

guess he didn't like the reaction of the AT hikers.... stay tuned, next week he'll hit up CDT

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++