WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

They don't carry it online.

My bad!! It was Portable Aqua I saw, not Aqua Mira. I didnt even know there was 2 kinds.

Images

One set of AquaMira lasts quite a long time, especially if you only treat surface water. For spring water, I generally don't bother treating. I also do not normally treat my cooking water. It's very popular on the AT, so I imagine it can be gotten at many or the outfitters along the way. If you have concerns, buy and extra set to put into a bounce box. You can always pick up some Iodine tablets in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder View Post
    How are you getting Atlanta to Springer.
    Most of the established shuttlers will take you to shop, or in some cases pre shop for you in the basics..fuel canisters, alcohol, etc.
    This is another option instead of Neels Gap. Not sure how you're getting to the trail or if you're doing the approach trail but the people that do shuttles will usually take you somewhere you can grab fuel and last minute items. On my way to Amicalola the person shuttling me stopped at an outfitter called Outside World where I got a fuel canister.

I meant to say that's another option instead of the Hiker Hostel. (Still no edit button? really whiteblaze?)

Images

(Still no edit button? really whiteblaze?)
    There's an edit button. All you have to do is donate. A few bucks, et voila.

Edited just for the sake of editing.
    Last edited by Karma13; 01-12-2013 at 12:48.

On your way to Amicola Falls you can stop at a town called Dahlonega which is the last town before Amicolla Falls state park you can find any thing you need their, if you are going to stay at the hiker hostel they will shuttle you into town to get supplies, and i will add that the Approach trail is the best way to start the AT. Enjoy and have lots of fun. RED-DOG

Images

Aqua Mira is not hard to find on the trail.

The "alcohol" offered by the Hiker Hostel is, sadly, fuel for your stove and not drinkable. Sorry.

There are major grocery stores near the HH, and you can get a ride there. Might cost a few bucks.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

It might be that some states ban the sale of Aqua Mira, rather then REI as a whole.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++