WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I just released a new and updated version of an android app I wrote for my own thru-hike back in 2011.

You can search for a shelter by which mile you're at, view by state, or a large list like this site has.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...F0d2VhdGhlciJd

Not to pull traffic away from that site, but my app is way more portable and uses an insanely low amount of data, which is important when you have spotty service in the mountains.

Enjoy all you 2013 NOBOs and SOBOs.

Journal Entries
    Images

goedde2 Honest I did not concern myself with the prior posts. The weather is "going to happen" you will go for a day or two in total downpour, there might be snow.... you cannot fix it. It will happen. You need to be a postal worker. Wind and Nor easters are you biggest surprise, they do not happen all that much.

Just be prepared and try not to bug -out!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
    I just released a new and updated version of an android app I wrote for my own thru-hike back in 2011.

You can search for a shelter by which mile you're at, view by state, or a large list like this site has.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...F0d2VhdGhlciJd

Not to pull traffic away from that site, but my app is way more portable and uses an insanely low amount of data, which is important when you have spotty service in the mountains.

Enjoy all you 2013 NOBOs and SOBOs.
    Shutter, thanks for the input, checked out your link. Ran into trouble because apparently your Android app needs to be accessed with Google Play Store, and I was not able to download it. I think that involves another set of instructions. Doesn't seem to like iOS, and/or my email account. The link below will help explain what I'm talking about. It's probably just me doing something wrong, but I like your idea. Thanks for sharing.

https://support.google.com/googlepla...answer=1141080

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    goedde2 Honest I did not concern myself with the prior posts. The weather is "going to happen" you will go for a day or two in total downpour, there might be snow.... you cannot fix it. It will happen. You need to be a postal worker. Wind and Nor easters are you biggest surprise, they do not happen all that much.

Just be prepared and try not to bug -out!
    Funny you should mention that. I was a Postal Worker, now retired. I just thought making http://sophiaknows.com/atdb/weather.php available might be of some use. Always happy to share.

Quote Originally Posted by goedde2 View Post
    Doesn't seem to like iOS, and/or my email account

Goedde2: Sorry but this app was only written for Android phones. I've never owned an Apple product so in order to write for them would cost quite a bit of money and a steep learning curve which I'm not really prepared to do right at this moment. Plus, it would have to be 100% rewritten. Perhaps for 2014 if there is big demand I can port it over to iOS or even work with an iOS developer to get a version running. But for right now it's Android only. Thanks for your interest though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++