WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana NOBO Thru Hike - Departing March 29th

• I un-officially plan to start NOBO March 29.
    • Ive realized that I cannot do this hike alone.. so Im also looking to do a buddy system military style.
    • This hike is not going to be easy. More than 80% thru hikers do not complete the journey. If You're actually going to commit to complete the whole thing 100% then it's going to take motivation.. I know it will for me.

What Im looking for:

1. 1. Other male participants (or female if you can keep up) who are dedicated to completing the entire trail 100%
    2. 2. This would be a buddy system, so what that means is support! If I start slacking then you provide motivation, and I likewise do the same.

Meet Me

Hey Ghostrider..Good-bye Ohio might be the perfect hiking partner for you.... check it out!

You'll be in the same boat as 50 other people on March 29th. Everyone will be commited 100% to complete the trail - until for some reason they go home.
    After about a week, you'll know which ones you'll want to hike with for a while. Let the trail decide.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Slo-go'en is 100 percent right.... Do you really think people go out there to quit ????? then you insult hald the population with "or female if you can keep up" NICEEEEE. if we were picking who we thought would quit, you would be pretty high on that list mister "I cannot do this hike alone".

oh and by the way there are only 14 states, not 15 like you say in your video.

Default NOBO Thru Hike - Departing March 29th

You can meet me while you're eating my dust
    LT '12 | JMT '13 | CT '14 | PCT '15

takeatrek.com

hey ghost,

Don't worry, if u start March 29th, you will be in the midst of a LOT of other thru hikers, and you will most likely meet some others who share your motivation and hiking abilities. You will likely group up with some others within a week or two. Your chances are better with others who provide motivation. And you stand a better chance of meeting someone on the trail than meeting somebody here on WB. Give it your best, and good luck!

Images

Hey, anybody who puts a dancing banana in their post is OK by me.

Good luck with your hike and preparation. I'm sure you'll find somebody on the Trail, if not sooner. And maybe I'll see you out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    I get a sense that there are a lot of deeply unhappy people that live in this forum.

This forum is depressing and discouraging because I wonder if the same kind of people are on the trails. I dont want to be around that negative ****.
    You won't find those kind of people on the trail... no worries. Even the people who post stuff on here would NEVER say those thing to ur face. Welcome to WB, they go for the juggler vein here, sometimes!
    If you want to be followed by an "adoring crowd" on the WWW, you must come across as humble, teachable & unassuming. Not to say that the ones following you would have these same attributes themselves.

There are so many differences in personalities and hiking styles - you'll understand this when you get out there - that it is virtually impossible to find a hiking partner that you stick with the entire trail beforehand. After a while on the trail you will gravitate to other hikers who are compatible with you.

Journal Entries
    Images

Come on people. This guy is opening up and sharing his blog with you and planning to do a thru hike. We all should be encouraging him, not slamming him. Would you want someone to do that to you before you even started your thru hike. Lets stop the discouraging remarks, please.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Sorry Ghost, but the "female if you can keep up" statement didn't make a great first impression. That put a big red target on your forehead. Some of the strongest hikers I know are woman and look out for the 60 year olds - they can really kick butt. And never, never try to keep up with a young one - you can hurt yourself that way.

Anyway, the "hooking up" forum is basically a waste of time and can often backfire, as you found out.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Good luck to you Ghostrider. Would enjoy watching your videos. As you can probably tell by now this site is a politically correct site; hence the woman hiker comment. Anyway you'll find plenty of advice here, but don't take everything as gospel. Pack light but be practical. I'm sure you'll find a decent job sooner or later, you seem to be very well-spoken so you got that going for you. Maybe you'll stumble upon a job on the trail.

I get it, dont post male chauvinistic comments during a war on women, Got it

Anywayz, it was not meant to be antagonistic... but more of a challenge.

I AM a tad male chauvinistic, and that's the way I am, and I don't care. And I would prefer to hike with fellow male testosterone heavy dudes.

You gotta be a pretty weak minded person to take offense to this post... just saying

++ New Posts ++