WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Images

One word-china cat

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    My taste in music varies widely, too. Can't do rap. though.
    rap?pigpen on good lovin

Images

Deadhead thru and through! Been to a few shows in my time. Last one was a couple of years ago in Greensboro. It was good but not Jerry Dead good.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    rap?pigpen on good lovin

Well that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    One word-china cat
    Heck yeah.... Look...fa awhile at the china cat sunflower, cool walking jingle in the midnight sun.....Crazy Cat People,..doot..da da dee doo doo dee

Quote Originally Posted by keepinitsimple View Post
    Rocket Socks, I was at that JFK show as well, JFK was a special place. it was the kind of place you could fold up a $5 bill and hand it to the door man like a ticket and get in. Never did that for a Dead show anywhere else. I remember the Scarlet/Fire- it was my first. DSO is cool for the money these days. One thing I always got a kick out of was the militant hippy types, I see some cross over in to the hiker community, it's a kind of arrogance, with a touch of snooty to it. I see it on this web site as well, but that is life
    Hey, well at least you got in.
    Yep, I hear what your sayin, I have zero time for arrogance and snooty, and find myself biting my tounge in order to not tell em where the monkey put the peanut, but yeah that's life, whatta ya gonna do. Alway's a pleasure to meet a fellow goer, Spectrum and Garden shows were alway's a blast, but the Spectrum show's and sleepin out in the parking lot, well you know, what a trip! and the train ride home from the city, that was a party in it's self....I just wished I'd lived further away so the train ride wouldn't be over so quick.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Heck yeah.... Look...fa awhile at the china cat sunflower, cool walking jingle in the midnight sun.....
    Crazy cat peeping through a lace...bandana...
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Upon the Blueridge Mountains is where I'll make my stand...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
    I've been known to seriously adulterate some lyrics. Once at a party a tune came on and I started singing it, and couldn't remember the next part. I turn to see this girl looking at me , and I say, " I don't know the second verse", and she say's "You don't know the first verse"

Registered User Different Socks's Avatar
    Images

met a guy on my PCT hike that heard the Dead we're gonna be in Reno, so he got off the trail just to go see them.

Hey , have you guys seen that book called "Lyrics" pretty cool. I go to the book store (B&N) get a coffee, and check out dead song lyrics, with notes and anecdotes from many people about how the lyrics came to be...Example the song Bertha was titled after an old fan that sat on the table to keep em cool while they wrote . On the grill of the fan was the name Bertha...pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Different Socks View Post
    met a guy on my PCT hike that heard the Dead we're gonna be in Reno, so he got off the trail just to go see them.
    Thread; would you leave the trail for a dead show.....ooh yeah boy!

Got to see Jerry Dead 4 times in Greensboro while in high school. Big Dark Star fan but Im a Spreadhead (Widespread Panic). Been following these fellas since 94 and also am a fan of anything Warren Haynes does, esp Govt Mule. Saw Mule 5 times this past year. We had 4th row tickets in Asheville for Further a couple of years ago and that show melted my face.

People get off the trail for festivals quite often because you can volunteer and get free passes

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Got to see Jerry Dead 4 times in Greensboro while in high school. Big Dark Star fan but Im a Spreadhead (Widespread Panic). Been following these fellas since 94 and also am a fan of anything Warren Haynes does, esp Govt Mule. Saw Mule 5 times this past year.
    We had 4th row tickets in Asheville for Further a couple of years ago and that show melted my face.
    Phil was droppin bombs huh?

went to go see this bluegrass dou called the DoDoWahs, the people that followed them were called DoDoheads got an e-mail recently saying they were breakin up

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    People get off the trail for festivals quite often because you can volunteer and get free passes
    Yes, last year I had posted somethin on the old "Winterfest" festival which was in NY state I think..and they were taking applicants for that very thing....pretty cool way to go, if ya don't mind workin a bit.

infact I think it was free shows, food and a place to camp out...not bad.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
    I've been known to seriously adulterate some lyrics. Once at a party a tune came on and I started singing it, and couldn't remember the next part. I turn to see this girl looking at me , and I say, " I don't know the second verse", and she say's "You don't know the first verse"

My lyrics are more trippier... more trippy
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Yea dude was killin it, especially when he sang Strawberry Fields
    Phil was droppin bombs huh?

went to go see this bluegrass dou called the DoDoWahs, the people that followed them were called DoDoheads got an e-mail recently saying they were breakin up

Haven't not been in years, they still using "The Beam"

Mountain Jam at Hunter Mtn in the Catskills is where its at this year. Really chill, Phil and Friends, Widespread Panic 2 nights, Govt Mule 2 nights, Jackie Greene, Primus, Avetts, Gary Clark Jr, Soulive....
    Yes, last year I had posted somethin on the old "Winterfest" festival which was in NY state I think..and they were taking applicants for that very thing....pretty cool way to go, if ya don't mind workin a bit.

infact I think it was free shows, food and a place to camp out...not bad.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++