WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post

Beautiful.

Images

Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
    Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Read more at http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/vi...GSFkeHMDJ2q.99

Images

Can we list mountain, or trail related lyrics from your fav dead tune? Sure we can, it's our thread. Forget ounces and grams, cuban fiber, and esbit tabs for a minute. My roots take me back to being a dirt bag'in dead head anyway. fell in love with the road traveling to places like the Omni, in Atlanta- where I saw my first Corina, or Richfield OH where Bobby spit on me while singing.

The Local Johnny Reb
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Mountain Jam at Hunter Mtn in the Catskills is where its at this year. Really chill, Phil and Friends, Widespread Panic 2 nights, Govt Mule 2 nights, Jackie Greene, Primus, Avetts, Gary Clark Jr, Soulive....
    My Name Is Mud.

Not to be confused with Bill
    Or Jack or Pete or Dennis

(brain is shotting out on me... forget all the random names Les says)

And Yes..... even at my young age I'm pretty well versed in the Dead.... though I never got to see Jerry. I have gotten to see "The Dead" a few times though.

I've been told my live show collection of the Dead rivals a lot of 60 year olds.......
    -Jason

Quote Originally Posted by MyName1sMud View Post
    My Name Is Mud.

Not to be confused with Bill
    Or Jack or Pete or Dennis

(brain is shotting out on me... forget all the random names Les says)

And Yes..... even at my young age I'm pretty well versed in the Dead.... though I never got to see Jerry. I have gotten to see "The Dead" a few times though.

I've been told my live show collection of the Dead rivals a lot of 60 year olds.......
    Sweet, my collection only has about 4 live mixes a buddy made for me when he was plugged into the board, mostly all store bought stuff. I understand there is a big following for trading live shows on the net, never looked into this, as I've nothing to trade....and still......it's all good.

What is everybodys favorite dead song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJJCQ4dtAlw
    Last edited by Deer Hunter; 01-23-2013 at 13:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    That's a tuffy DH, I'll ponder this this afternoon while my doc is taking my money for my past wrongfully livin. catch ya later on that one. Not sure I'd be able to anwser it tho......

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    That's a tuffy DH, I'll ponder this this afternoon while my doc is taking my money for my past wrongfully livin. catch ya later on that one. Not sure I'd be able to anwser it tho......
    So so many to choose from. All are great IMHO.

The Local Johnny Reb
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Sweet, my collection only has about 4 live mixes a buddy made for me when he was plugged into the board, mostly all store bought stuff. I understand there is a big following for trading live shows on the net, never looked into this, as I've nothing to trade....and still......it's all good.
    I mainly got heavly into live shows due to two different website. First it was deadhook.com.... then something happened (forgot what) and a number of us moved to Willow Tree. They had these things called Mail Bombs where you would just pick whatever show you wanted to send someone and put it in the mail to them. I'd say half my collection came from people on those sites just sending me the music in the mail. Good people!

I've got a number of store bought albums as well.... and here lately i've been buying digital music through amazon mp3. love that app. buy whatever music you want and put it on as many devices as you damn well please. EAT YOUR HEART OUT ITUNES!
    -Jason

Images

the best site I have ever used for free dead downloads is www.archive.org they have so much information in addition to the show. Like you can download the actual ticket graphic from the show to put on your tape case, and loads of other stuff, like rankings, quality choices for down loads- really an amazing thing. and tons of other bands, its free

fav songs, fire on the mountain, rubin and cherise, and a few others

The Local Johnny Reb
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by keepinitsimple View Post
    the best site I have ever used for free dead downloads is www.archive.org they have so much information in addition to the show. Like you can download the actual ticket graphic from the show to put on your tape case, and loads of other stuff, like rankings, quality choices for down loads- really an amazing thing. and tons of other bands, its free

Yep. That's where I got most of my live music collection that wasn't mailed to me directly.

Panicstream.com is also a good one for you Widespread Panic fans out there.
    -Jason

Images

RocketSocks, you are my first friend on WB. Hiking Dead heads unite!

Images

there is a road no simple highway
    between the dawn and the dark of night
    and if you go no one may follow
    that path is for your steps alone

my favorite lines from the Grateful Dead song Ripples
    Kind of describes a hiker I am a deadhead have been one for years
    Hillbilly

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIAM HAYES View Post
    there is a road no simple highway
    between the dawn and the dark of night
    and if you go no one may follow
    that path is for your steps alone

my favorite lines from the Grateful Dead song Ripples
    Kind of describes a hiker I am a deadhead have been one for years
    Hillbilly
    Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFsbAuX9P4w

Images

This is where I found to download all my shows for my through hike, http://archive.org/search.php?query=...fulDead&page=1
    Long Trail 8/12, AT SOBO 2013, https://www.youtube.com/user/Polechar/videos

Quote Originally Posted by MyName1sMud View Post
    I mainly got heavly into live shows due to two different website. First it was deadhook.com.... then something happened (forgot what) and a number of us moved to Willow Tree. They had these things called Mail Bombs where you would just pick whatever show you wanted to send someone and put it in the mail to them. I'd say half my collection came from people on those sites just sending me the music in the mail. Good people!

I've got a number of store bought albums as well.... and here lately i've been buying digital music through amazon mp3. love that app. buy whatever music you want and put it on as many devices as you damn well please. EAT YOUR HEART OUT ITUNES!
    So tired of itunes not downloading music correctly, and all the crap to get it right, the audio books portion I never had a issue with...love listening to books on tape.

I like that song too. Rubin and Cherise. Great site, was checkin out all last night , and trying to see which shows I was at. Thanks for postin that....good stuff!

RocketSocks, you are my first friend on WB. Hiking Dead heads unite!
    And lysdexic Deadheads untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJJCQ4dtAlw
    Ok, gave it tons of thought yestuday, and came to the conclusion that...I just can't pick one... I like "Box of rain"with Phil singing, and "Ripple", "goin to sea once more", (traditional tune on Jerry's "Shady Grove" album) and o'coarse "the Other one" into "Space/Drums" back into whatever jerry feels like playin for me at that time. hehe

etree.org is so much better

Quote Originally Posted by polechar View Post
    This is where I found to download all my shows for my through hike, http://archive.org/search.php?query=...fulDead&page=1

Q: how many deadheads does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: none. They wait for it to burn out and then follow it around for 25 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    etree.org is so much better
    Cool, will check that out as well.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++