WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Hammock over o

Default Hammock over o

Will the Hennessey hammock overcover fit on a Warbonet Blackbird 1.1 hammock?

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
    From where shall my help come?
    My help comes from the LORD,
    Who made heaven and earth."
    -Psalm 121:1-2

AT 2012

I have tried (and tried) to reuse my HH over cover. Since it is silnylon and doesn't breath you're better off if there are gaps, anyway. I haven't tried your exact combo, but I am optimistic...
    Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by 1azarus View Post
    I have tried (and tried) to reuse my HH over cover. Since it is silnylon and doesn't breath you're better off if there are gaps, anyway. I haven't tried your exact combo, but I am optimistic...
    I just need something to keep the cold air from coming in. I use a Caron fiber tarp which has doors. Pitching it all the way to the ground and closing doors will help solve the cold air coming in but only to a certain amount and not completely. That's why I was thinking overcover.

i placed my windbreaker jacket over the ridge line (which is inside my Warbonet hammock with netting) and it helped.. I wonder if a handmade tyvek overcover which is breathable would be possible. All I want to do is stop feeling the cold air hitting me, especially in the face.

I am new to hammock camping and am trying to work everything out before my thrunhike. I used an overquilt and under quilt. And I have a hat on or balaclava.

Any suggestions are welcome!

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
    From where shall my help come?
    My help comes from the LORD,
    Who made heaven and earth."
    -Psalm 121:1-2

Images

http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/a...originals.html Arrowhead makes a BBO or Bear Oven Burrito for the BB's, my wife uses one with her BB. I use a hammock sock from Warbonnett.
    Hammock Hanger by choice

Warbonnet BlackBird 1.7 dbl

www.neusioktrail.org

Bears love people, they say we taste just like chicken.

++ New Posts ++