WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Journal Entries
    Images

That sucks but unfortunately not surprising : O ( I hope they catch those Loser & make an example out of them. Especially since there are probably hundreds of 4 wheeling roads available near by?
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Okay, where's Rifle?

Hey, SOMEONE had to.

Those Bastages, you get em Max. Excellent use of the word "Carnsarnite"!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee Rules! View Post
    Okay, where's Rifle?

Hey, SOMEONE had to.
    Really though, what would anyone do about it? Even IF these people get reported and caught, the fine is probably inconsequential. With these people ripping out equipment, they know exactly what they were doing. At the very least, an eye for an eye would do nicely here.

Very true, leaftye. Probably little to no penalty IF they could even be caught and convicted.

Images

This just turns my stomach. To think that someone would do something like that is just beyond me. The total lack of respect for such a beautiful place and total disregard for authority are qualities of the lowest level of human scumbags in my opinion. Unfortunately as others have said, it wouldn't do one bit of good to site and/or charge these idiots with anything because all that would await them is a light slap on the wrist.

Images

It's a shame the state can't impound the vehicles and sell them for a profit.

Hurts to look at.

At Carolina Beach in the beach 4x4 area there is a confiscation rule for driving in off limits areas. No one drives off limits anymore.

Images

What a shame. Why do some people have to such idiotic and stupid things?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjam View Post
    What a shame. Why do some people have to such idiotic and stupid things?
    People do idiotic and stupid things because they are idiotic and stupid.

"You can't fix a neutered dog. You can't fix garage doors, and look here... you can't fix stupid, Jack!" - Si Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    At Carolina Beach in the beach 4x4 area there is a confiscation rule for driving in off limits areas. No one drives off limits anymore.
    We had some kids that did some damage to local golf coarse, not sure what the restitution was, but I'm sure it wasn't cheap. I would think property damage to a ( is it federal land?, the balds) would be pretty serious.

Images

The article states that the damage done if approaching felony level, so they must anticipate a quite large restitution/penalty. Hope they are caught soon.

SICKENING, feeling the wind and seeing the beauty, screw inpounding said pricey toys, if caught shoot them, and or at them. They are trespassing, and destroying federal land, you want to keep them out, make one an example and it won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBASTARD View Post
    SICKENING, feeling the wind and seeing the beauty, screw inpounding said pricey toys, if caught shoot them, and or at them. They are trespassing, and destroying federal land, you want to keep them out, make one an example and it won't happen again.
    I agree. Impounding their toys, if caught, is perfectly justifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck:1403812
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBASTARD View Post
    I agree. Impounding their toys, if caught, is perfectly justifiable.
    It works also. Even the complete idiot doesn't want to loose the toy he financed for 60 months with easy credit. They are still responsible for the payments. Explain that to your spouse or parents.

This is nothing new. Its been a serious issue for quite awhile as has the trailhead vandalism. I have been on Max Patch 5-6 times and have noticed donut holes up there before, not on this scale. Its not a new issue for the open summits down south. The road at the end of Beauty Spot allows for folks to shoot right up the bald and tear up the sides of these hills.

Hate to see this.

I think it should be the same penalty as poaching game in the same spot. That would be fines, confiscation of property, and possible jail time. Seems logical to me.

Damn...that's about as ugly as a hiker feed on the middle of the trail on Max Patch.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++