WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default ziploc knock off storage container

I can't find those 4 cup plastic storage containers, those ziploc knock offs, to store my fosters pot cook kit in ! Looked at walmart- dollar general but nothing. Does anyone have a lead on them or a link. Tks

You want to try and keep an open mind about this kind of thing. There must be lots of things that would work well for this. Have you looked in the dairy section for somthing that might be the same size? You might also want to check out your local Goodwill, mine often has 'off brand' items.

Great thought grayfox...thank you. Ill check that out. Saw somewhere someone was useing a modded 3lt coke bottle..?? Will keep looking for something. Tks again.

Journal Entries
    Images

wrong thread... self edit
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 02-14-2013 at 04:38.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Kroger brand

Journal Entries

If the pot has ridges formed into it, its strong enough. Rubber band around to keep the lid on and voila. Goes in an outer pocket on my pack.

Don't know if you have Fry's grocery stores in your area but saw them there today . . . on sale!

Quote Originally Posted by CenAZwalker View Post
    Don't know if you have Fry's grocery stores in your area but saw them there today . . . on sale!
    No dang it I don't ! I will check publix, piggly wiggly & winn dixie when I get home. Maybe k mart I know my local walmart don't. I checked one of the walmarts I yakima wa. Yesterday and nothing. Maybe I need to go down tru prescot valley and find a Fry's !!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tramp View Post
    I can't find those 4 cup plastic storage containers, those ziploc knock offs, to store my fosters pot cook kit in ! Looked at walmart- dollar general but nothing. Does anyone have a lead on them or a link. Tks
    Must they be knock offs? I don't know about this containers regarding storage for your pot. Here's the 4 cup version of the Ziploc brand container.

http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Twist-M...dp/B003UEMECA/

It might be cheaper in a local store, but I doubt it'll make up for the gas used to get there.

If the Ziploc brand isn't exactly what you're looking for, scroll down and check out the "customers also bought/viewed" sections for similar items.

I don't know this for a fact yet but the video on youtube said ziploc won't work because of the indent in the side. The fosters can won't go all the way down. The knock offs don't have that indent in them and the can fits just right so that's why I was looking for the 4 cup and the 1 cup knock offs. Ill have to do some more looking around.

Images

Got a heat gun? I bet you could make it fit. You'd have 4 shots to get it right.

I use those half gallon ice cream containers with the snap lock lid, they're just a tad lighter than the 4 cup zip lock containers and they make a more convenient container to eat out of for zip lock bags/freezer bag meals. Plus it holds the Heiny pot with just a bit of extra room for some misc kitchen items.

I really like the lid, it locks on so solidly and seems to be water tight, I have considered using one as a dry safe for my electronics, etc.

David

Quote Originally Posted by bannerstone View Post
    I use those half gallon ice cream containers with the snap lock lid, they're just a tad lighter than the 4 cup zip lock containers and they make a more convenient container to eat out of for zip lock bags/freezer bag meals. Plus it holds the Heiny pot with just a bit of extra room for some misc kitchen items.

I really like the lid, it locks on so solidly and seems to be water tight, I have considered using one as a dry safe for my electronics, etc.

David
    . That is a cool idea !! Or cold idea ..... ill check that out.

Images

They have been absent from stores for a while. I found a multi-pack (2 cup and 4 cup) at Target a half year ago. I bought it. It was the only one on the shelf and hasn't been replenished.

Is it possible the knock offs are caught in a intellectual property dispute somewhere?

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Tapatalk 2

Images

ziploc won't work because of the indent in the side. The fosters can won't go all the way down. The knock offs don't have that indent in them and the can fits just right
    This is truth. Curses to those indentions. I have tried both for my beer can pot.

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Tapatalk 2

Well, ill keep looking. Till then I'm going to try a 2lt coke bottle cut down some and that black bottom off another 2lt bottle as a top
    I don't know, just an idea.
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!

Kinda frustrating when you can't find the stuff that fits perfectly. But most times, we really have to improvise. Hope you find those ziploc knock offs. or a better alternative.

Images

Funny, our local grocery King Soopers (the local Kroger name) stopped selling the knock-off I used to use. I looked at a couple other places, couldn't find just the right size. I was wandering through IKEA one day, voila! They have a 17-piece kit of various size storage containers for 4 bucks. A couple of those are perfect for what I want for backpacking, and the rest will get used around the house. So, if you have a local IKEA, check it out.

++ New Posts ++