WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

If you have the time and desire to dehydrate some food there are some very good recipes at hammock forum under non gear videos. Alot of prep work but considering the weigh savings on a long hike and easy cooking...might be something to take a look at

If you don't care for the mashed potatoes, try the Hungry Jack Hashbrowns. They are dehydrated and they come in a small box into which you pour water to hydrate the potoatoes. Pour a little bit of oil into the bottom of your pot, and cook up your potatoes. Use low heat because they will scortch if you aren't careful. They are really good with some bacon bits (the real ones). Have a great hike.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks Everyone

Fruits and vegetables are where vitamins and minerals originate from. One should eat as many as possible.
    love and light!!
    dr.c

I was day hiking last year and met up with a thru hiker thatwas committed to walking all of the trail. The group he was hiking with cameacross some trail magic which supplied them with showers and food but droppedthem off ahead of where they gotten off the trail. Long story short I gave hima ride back so he could hike the two miles that he missed and we stop at a littlestore to pick up some food before setting off. As we walked around he picked up a bear clawand I heard him say. “This will get me up over that hill.” It’s just that simple.
    This was the just shy of the halfway point on the trail andhe had already lost 80lbs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++