Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It might be useful to post the start and end points and the bike route so that others can emulate what you're doing. If you don't do it here, you might want to try TrailJournals.com
    Fred Coulter

My Hikes
    Working on the Florida Trailwalker program: 9 down; 1 to go

I started a trail log of my own doing that and a little more. I haven't read trail journals to have a feel for what gets written but I would suggest being in a comfortable chair or bed before reading my log (smile).

I'm doing it for myself, sort of like a vacation photo album. I list date hiked, start and end points adequate so that one can find them on the FTA maps, approximate distance hiked, approximate shuttle distance, mode of shuttle used (friend with car, bicycle,...), and whatever notes seem pertinent to me. Trail conditons, weather, whatever. I also include a few photos from each section. I imagine when I'm done (in 4 or 5 years) I can convert it to PDF and share it, but again, I doubt there will be much interest.

If a few of you speak up I have no problem posting my hikes here. I anticipate one or two per month.

About 16 miles/1.5% of the trail complete!

I live in South Florida and can help with shuttling.

Thanks. It will be a while before I make it that far but I'll PM you when I do an we can work out something equitable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++