WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default NOBO Hiker looking for partner to start out with

I'm planning on doing a thru hike starting anytime in march (my dates are very flexible). I am a first timer and was looking for a partner to at least start the hike with. I will be traveling with my dog so I'm hoping to find a partner who is okay with that. Its all about the journey for me, so I don't plan on breaking any records or hiking as many miles a day as possible. I'd like to average about 10-15 miles a day. I'm a 27 year old female, but I'm willing to travel with people of any age. Hopefully there's someone out there who'd like to hike with me

I'm a 20 year old female, starting on Springer this year, also with my dog, around Mid to late March. Keep me posted about your starting date. My trail name is "Owf", so if you see me in the register books, you'll know where you can find another hiker and another dog. I'll try to post my definite date when I know it...right now, it's all dependent upon when & how I can get down to GA. (I'm from Connecticut so it's quite a long haul down there, and tough to find transportation with a dog)

i am also hiking with my dog 'salsa' starting march17, staying at hiker hostel the night before.
    i like to look at the sights, not a huge fan of shelters, but do like the company at dinner time,
    probably would rather hike till i feel like stopping rather than go shelter to shelter
    i hope you have a great hike

owf, you might need to rent a car one way, you can drop it off in dahlonaga, and get a shuttle ,
    hiker hostel is picking me up at enterprise office, then shuttling me and my dog to the trail the next day

Quote Originally Posted by gitali85:1427048
    I'm planning on doing a thru hike starting anytime in march (my dates are very flexible). I am a first timer and was looking for a partner to at least start the hike with. I will be traveling with my dog so I'm hoping to find a partner who is okay with that. Its all about the journey for me, so I don't plan on breaking any records or hiking as many miles a day as possible. I'd like to average about 10-15 miles a day. I'm a 27 year old female, but I'm willing to travel with people of any age. Hopefully there's someone out there who'd like to hike with me
    Do you know your start date yet?

I plan to start 23 or 24 March. I have never hiked the AT but am a pretty experienced hiker on the whole. I've been out for a week straight a few times, plenty of overnight hikes out west (saw a grizzly once! about 60 feet away) and I camped out in Afghanistan for 6 months, so my personal trip will be pretty spartan, but if we happen to leave the same day I am willing to take on a conversationalist or two.

hi, my name is danny, im 20 years old with lots of scouting experience. i am very interested in getting another person or a small group together to watch each others backs. looking to leave as soon as possible.

Hey I plan on leaving the same time.i want to start off slow for the first week.. Im a 30 yr male from Cali. Send a message.

Images

Hi Gitali85
    SOBO-I found your listing buried in bunch of other listing. I am planning on starting the first week in April if that's close enough. I do have experience on hiking with my 12 year old nephew from north to south. Did a 12 mile with pack walk about yesterday and should recover tomorrow sometime tommorrow. Still choosing tent; backpack and small stuff. I work in Homeopathic medicine, so I will carry lot's of medical stuff. Was a Capt. in Air force. No drugs or alcohol problems. . . Interested- [email protected]

++ New Posts ++