WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What happened to KingGator and Sons?

Last week, KingGator and Sons burst onto the WhiteBlaze scene. He joined WhiteBlaze on 2/16/13 and made his first post near the end of the day on 2/18/13. He racked up 90 posts between then and the middle of the day on 2/22/13. (Roughly 87 hours). Then-----complete silence for the past 4.5 days.

There almost has to be a story there. Anyone know what it is?

(If it is something that is better addressed in a private message, feel free to contacted me in that way).
    "A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world." - Paul Dudley White

Images

I hope he is taking a class in how to play well with others. YMMV.

He (or she) wouldn't be the first to burst into WB with a plethora of posts only to flame out. Perhaps he found a new forum/chatroom more to his liking.

Maybe he had a doctor appt.

Logging 90 posts--in such a short period of time--so early in one's WhiteBlaze "career"--must be some sort of record.
    "A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world." - Paul Dudley White

Images

Quote Originally Posted by prain4u View Post
    Logging 90 posts--in such a short period of time--so early in one's WhiteBlaze "career"--must be some sort of record.
    we teach posting technique over at the cafe

It looks like he last posted on Trail Forums on the 20th... Maybe he's out on a training hike?

Images

From what I can gather he may have broken his keyboard on BackpackingLight.com oops - I meant Trail Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYet View Post
    It looks like he last posted on Trail Forums on the 20th... Maybe he's out on a training hike?
    Not disagreeing with your logic. Just surprised that a guy--who posted so much about everything--would not have said: "I am going on a hike".

I'm just the optimistic type...

I will try to say this as nice as I can. As a person who has regretted a few of his posts, I always hope there is room for improvement in everyone. This guy has no shortage of confidence in himself. The type of confidence he has can lead to tragedy. When I saw his departure date coupled with his Wal*Mart gear, I could not help but think of a hypothermia safety video that my workplace has us watch periodically. It features an overconfident father leading his family to their graves while hiking hills on a day that started out warn and sunny. To his credit, he has a large list of books he was going to read. These books may have changed his mind about his readiness. I tried to access his trail journal and it says that there are no entrees. I assumed that he deleted it. All these things are assumptions. Personally, I hope he prepares properly and has a nice hike with his sons. I have other hopes for him and his family, but they would likely start another debate.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    I will try to say this as nice as I can. As a person who has regretted a few of his posts, I always hope there is room for improvement in everyone. This guy has no shortage of confidence in himself. The type of confidence he has can lead to tragedy. When I saw his departure date coupled with his Wal*Mart gear, I could not help but think of a hypothermia safety video that my workplace has us watch periodically. It features an overconfident father leading his family to their graves while hiking hills on a day that started out warn and sunny. To his credit, he has a large list of books he was going to read. These books may have changed his mind about his readiness. I tried to access his trail journal and it says that there are no entrees. I assumed that he deleted it. All these things are assumptions. Personally, I hope he prepares properly and has a nice hike with his sons. I have other hopes for him and his family, but they would likely start another debate.

His WhiteBlaze Jounal entries are still there and he has entries for February 22nd and 23rd. So, that is a little more recent contact than had seen before. He is now talking about a later start, getting better gear and a possible section hike (as opposed to a thru hike).

His Trail Journal site also still has journal entries. I had to specifically go to the equivalent of the "Table of Contents" and click on Prep # 1, Prep # 2 etc. in order to view them).

It's better to burn out, than it is the rust.

Journal Entries

To get to his trail journal, i had to click on his photos, then his journal list. Any other way you wou would think he deleted it. I think he is trying to get Maury to do a reality show on him.
    I start out the Day with nothing and by the end of the Day I still have most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danl View Post
    To get to his trail journal, i had to click on his photos, then his journal list. Any other way you wou would think he deleted it. I think he is trying to get Maury to do a reality show on him.
    You mean Rory no Maury?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    It's better to burn out, than it is the rust.
    Hey, hey, my, my.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Hey, hey, my, my.
    cyber stalking will never die.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Yes, like WIAPilot, Justatouron, and too many others to count. I think people leave for a lot of reasons but it's a fact it can get pretty annoying around here.

Does anybody remember Midnight Cowboy?

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    Yes, like WIAPilot, Justatouron, and too many others to count. I think people leave for a lot of reasons but it's a fact it can get pretty annoying around here.

Does anybody remember Midnight Cowboy?
    I remember WiaPilot, Supreme Being and John Wayne( he was cool) ...I really didn't want to know- Kent Lady.

I think we should........ BLAME IT ON THE BOOGIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjW1iq4IO2k

Images

It's just posting

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++