WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    PCT 2013, most of AT 2011, rest of AT 2014

Some other stuff: the side pockets will hold two of those 32oz Vitamin Water bottles snugly. I have the medium-torso pack. Yes, that's the AT wall map in the back. And if you want pictures of the inside of the pack, I didn't take any, but SGT Rock has some decent ones on his review: http://hikinghq.net/gear/elemental-horizons-kalais.html
    "Hahk your own hahk." - Ron Haven

"The world is a book, of which those who do not travel read only a page." - St. Augustine

http://www.scrubhiker.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCRUB HIKER View Post
    In response to some of the questions above:

Attachment 20694
    Here's the Kalais kind-of fully loaded with the stay in. It doesn't have a sleeping pad in or on it, and I didn't fill it all the way to the top with bulk. But this is has 20 or so pounds of junk in it.

Attachment 20695
    This is a close-up of the top of the pack. It might be hard to tell from the picture, but I'm trying to show how the thick 240d fabric (the black stuff) rides on the top of the aluminum stay, instead of the weaker 70d fabric (the red stuff). The 70d fabric is for the big fleshy exterior of the pack and doesn't cover any of the high-abrasion areas.

Attachment 20696
    Different angle of the pack, now with a Z-lite lashed on.

Attachment 20697
    Some random guy with the pack on in his funny civilized clothes and haircut. This guy is 5'10" and 180lb for scale.
    Can I borrow your "scale"? Mine says 220.

I ordered one yesterday in 100% 240d. Can I join the club?
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    I plan on getting one too. We can start a club.

Here some pictures of mine XLframe XL waist. Wt 2.8 lbs.I love It. My other pack Is a McHale 12 yrs old,newpack 005.jpgnewpack 006.jpgnewpack 007.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images

Bout one at the ATKO this year. Hiking the next few days. I hope I like it as well after 4 days but I loved it at the ATKO with 27 lbs.

Thanks for all the pictures folks! Its nice to see the pack with some perspective. I really appreciate it!

I am now having my doubts about the kalais. No doubts on its construction or design, but if its right for me or not. I guess the perfect pack isnt out there. Well, excluding a Mchale...haha

Quote Originally Posted by rather go up View Post
    I am thinking about going this route as well. Did you get the pockets in dyneema as well? I wonder if Matthew could do green dyneema?

Maybe I'm just too dang picky.

Quote Originally Posted by rather go up View Post

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER
    " - Groucho Marx

I have a purple Kalais I had some custom work done to- thank you very much to Matthew, who was very helpful with the issues I needed to deal with. I absolutely love my pack and it goes with me on whatever trip I go on, whether it's hiking or on an airline trip. I get alot of questions about it, and hopefully, that will direct more to the website so they can see for themselves what wonderful packs they are.

I do have 3 packs that really fit me well, so I'm happy. You will be pleased with just how roomy the Kalais really is and how lightweight it is. Check it out!

RJ Where in ND are you? I ive in Moorhead. The positive feedback from everyone is encouraging. I am counting the days until my Kalais arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Lewis View Post
    I have a purple Kalais I had some custom work done to- thank you very much to Matthew, who was very helpful with the issues I needed to deal with. I absolutely love my pack and it goes with me on whatever trip I go on, whether it's hiking or on an airline trip. I get alot of questions about it, and hopefully, that will direct more to the website so they can see for themselves what wonderful packs they are.

I do have 3 packs that really fit me well, so I'm happy. You will be pleased with just how roomy the Kalais really is and how lightweight it is. Check it out!

What kind of custom work did you get done?

Big Tiger, what size hip belt pocket do you have on there?

Is this Free Home? I have an XL. I was the first to have the XL belt and XL torso. I could probably go with L belt. I hardly use my McHale any more. My pack weighs 2.8 lbs. I'm finished buying packs for now and I have purchased alot of packs over the yrs. I would see what 6 Moon will be coming out with since the guy that started ULA Is over with 6 Moon now. BigTiger AKA BigRED77

Got my Kalais today! woohoo....I'm in the club! It's HUGE! It's my first ever pack too. I upgraded to 210d Dyneema X all over, bc I suspect I'll beat it up, what with being a noob and all. Got the stay too (thanks Mathew!!), and 2 small hip pockets.

I can't test it yet bc I'm sealing my tent and so I won't fold it for 24hrs.

But it looks like it will fit everything.

Did you get the stock color and if so, what color is it? The images on the site show it in red but didn't see anything denoting the standard stock color.

capehiker,

The stock color is red. I assume Crusinsusans is black as that is the dyneema EH uses.

Crusinsusan, what date did you order it? Im dyin here waiting for mine. Grats on the new pack, hope you love it!

Thank Archie. The red is sharp looking.

I love mine. He makes a great pack. We need pictures. Ron

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++