WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    http://bamahiker.blog.com/ Freedom Walker's Avatar
    Images

:banana Do you like Daylight saving time.

I love it because it gives me more time to get caught up on my outside work, in order to free up nice weekends for hiking. Oddly enough, I was glad to be putting up that riding mower in Sept, but because I suffer from a mild winter depression I cant wait to fire up the mower like I did today. Love that sunshine. Cant wait to be back on the AT in May.
    Freedom Walker, I am free to Walk, I am free to Run, I m free to live for You Lord Jesus, I am FREE!

He who the Son sets free, is free indeed.
    Visit my blog Free To Hike

Registered User Northern Lights's Avatar
    Images

No I do not, it seems silly up here, we wont' see signs of spring until at least June never mind warmer temps. So I lose an hour of sleep

Hey James I like it too. It really didn't effect me all that much since we just got back from FL earlier this week and just left the clocks from the fall and didn't have to reset them. Just stayed on east coast time and now it's BAMA TIME! Just like it was back in January. ROLL TIDE! It's good to be home. My brother told me it was Tide crazy here. Now I know what he was taliking about.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

I like it fine the SECOND day after it goes in effect. The first, not so much.

we just be better off use a sun dial then we be like in tune with mother earth

I am so glad, lol we dont use DST, would mean another hour of heat here (110+ degrees, ugh)!

Doesn't matter much to me, I'm an Insomniac...when I'm not sleeping. But yeah, I like it...tho it's all relative.
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 03-11-2013 at 03:07.

It's hard to make full use of the sun when the best hours of the day are often wasted in school or in an office or in church. We should do more inside activities after dark, or move those activities outside.

Changing the clocks is silly.

in my life it serves no actual purpose.

I like it but think they should wait another month to implement it.

Images

Yes! Now just leave it this way and stop the absurd changes twice a year!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Yep, just leave it. Don't fall back...

I am not a big fan of the clock, let alone any changes someone might want to make to it.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Images

there is still the same number of daylight hours even it the government didn't change the time. i laugh when people are happy they now have an extra hour of daylight in the evening and they are the same ones that stay in bed till the sun warms the day
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    there is still the same number of daylight hours even it the government didn't change the time. i laugh when people are happy they now have an extra hour of daylight in the evening and they are the same ones that stay in bed till the sun warms the day
    DST automatically moves everyone's day job start time one hour earlier. I stay in bed until it's time to get ready for work, whatever time that is.

I suppose I could get up early and mow half my yard starting at 7:00am, then come home after work and finish mowing at 6:00pm on the theory that we have the same amount of daylight.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

I heard on the radio that the daylight savings scheme costs the country $425 million dollars annually due to lost productivity and increased accidents. I agree that it is total nonsense, it only serves to mess with our internal clocks, plus the idea of altering time itself to better conform to the 9-5 workday is just wrong on so many levels.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

I love DST; gives us more daylight when daylight is important to me, the afternoon. I just wish we'd keep it on DST all year around. (Doesn't part of Indiana do this?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    I heard on the radio that the daylight savings scheme costs the country $425 million dollars annually due to lost productivity and increased accidents. I agree that it is total nonsense, it only serves to mess with our internal clocks, plus the idea of altering time itself to better conform to the 9-5 workday is just wrong on so many levels.
    Totally agree!

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    I love DST; gives us more daylight when daylight is important to me, the afternoon. I just wish we'd keep it on DST all year around. (Doesn't part of Indiana do this?)
    I actually agree, I'm fine with keeping DST permanently, it's the semi-annual time change that needs to go away.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++