WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Darn Tough Socks

Just curious if anyone has had experience with these socks? I have a few pair of smart wool but they have worn down pretty quickly (now have holes in them from wear). I picked up two pair of these midweight 1/4 crew (merino blend) for $13/ea with free shipping from sockaddicts.com. I thought it was a decent deal.

So opinions anyone? It's going to take approx. 10 business days before I receive these so I figured I'd ask since it may be a while
    Smile, Smile, Smile.... Mile after Mile

Images

It was kinf of scary, but the last time these socks were discussed on here, I think we were all in agreement: Darn Good socks. I just bought four pair myself (2 low, 2 mid) from Socksaddicts. Worn them a couple times, seems tough, comfy, guaranteed for life.

Images

Use them. Love them. They last much longer than smart wool.

Campmor usually has the best deal on them. They even have them with the AT logo

Love them. They don't bunch up or move around on my feet, they're protective but not bulky, and they will probably outlast me.

All great news... perfect! I was a bit skeptical since I have never heard of this brand but looks like I've been missing out!

And yes, definitely happy to pull way from Smart Wool. They were good while they lasted but didn't last long.
    Smile, Smile, Smile.... Mile after Mile

Great socks....

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    It was kinf of scary, but the last time these socks were discussed on here, I think we were all in agreement:
    That is scary. We could all argue about guns and filters for a while, but most people love DTS. I started the last thread (where I shared the sale and discount code at Socks Addict). Everyone seemed real happy. I have one pair of the ATC cushion socks and two pairs of the dress socks. I also have about 25 pairs of other socks I never wear anymore. I usually wear one pair for a week or two and rotate to the next. They are remarkably odor resistant.

While i wash mine a little form often, I agree with Odd man out, I own 4 pairs and seldom wear anything else. All day, everyday, work, hike, and goofing off. I love these socks.

They DO honor their warranty as well.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 88BlueGT View Post
    Just curious if anyone has had experience with these socks? I have a few pair of smart wool but they have worn down pretty quickly (now have holes in them from wear). I picked up two pair of these midweight 1/4 crew (merino blend) for $13/ea with free shipping from sockaddicts.com. I thought it was a decent deal.

So opinions anyone? It's going to take approx. 10 business days before I receive these so I figured I'd ask since it may be a while
    you see this is where your sock trading will come in handy.
    trade in those smartwools for darn toughs. they are awesome. theyre super comfortable and dont wear out very easily.

Images

by the way, pay no attention to the naysayers.

those bastids

My husband wears them and swears by them. They survived a very active vacation to Afghanistan last summer and all those pairs are still intact.

Another big fan here. I get the full-cushion merinos, and find them comfortable even in hot weather. And they did replace my son's after his thru-hike last year, no questions asked.

Registered User Northern Lights's Avatar
    Images

I have eight pair now!

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    by the way, pay no attention to the naysayers.

those bastids
    Did I hear my name? IMO...they're good socks and will last a long time but I dont care for the pair I have, the weave is too dense, thereby the toughness I guess, so they don't have the cushion some of the other brands have. I'm no sock engineer but my guess is that the more cushion they have the shorter the life, the pair I have has found it's way to the back of the drawer.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    Did I hear my name? IMO...they're good socks and will last a long time but I dont care for the pair I have, the weave is too dense, thereby the toughness I guess, so they don't have the cushion some of the other brands have. I'm no sock engineer but my guess is that the more cushion they have the shorter the life, the pair I have has found it's way to the back of the drawer.
    There is always one in the crowd

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    you see this is where your sock trading will come in handy.
    trade in those smartwools for darn toughs. they are awesome. theyre super comfortable and dont wear out very easily.
    Would he still have more than one sock if they were Darn Toughs?

Quote Originally Posted by bfayer View Post
    There is always one in the crowd
    yeah...it's tough always swimming up stream against the flow, but it's like my dad used to say, opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

Let me add a provisional nay. The extra large don't seem to cover my size 14s, leaving the heels too low and resulting in slippage.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Mejor View Post
    Let me add a provisional nay. The extra large don't seem to cover my size 14s, leaving the heels too low and resulting in slippage.
    dont listen to the naysayers!!!

unless you're a size 14

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++