WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Whose trail-journal are you following? Who's leading the pack?

Just wondering who is leading the class of 2013 so far. Is there a group of people that seems to be furthest (at least for NOBO Thruhikers)?

I like the writing of hobo, chinmusic, moxie, blackbird and Brown squirrel.

Bummed MaineMan dropped out. :-(

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Let me go

Images

Ozjacko will be on trail journals,me ,oz and milkman will be posting in the cafe as we head north.we are currently in suches

I'm following all the oldies (consider myself one too) and I get bummed when another one bites the dust. I know, I know...HYOH. But I still love to bet on the older horses...KEEP GOING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    I'm following all the oldies (consider myself one too) and I get bummed when another one bites the dust. I know, I know...HYOH. But I still love to bet on the older horses...KEEP GOING!!!!
    LOL... that's good!! I agree, I like to follow the ones that show promise but you know it's not as easy as "just walkin" for them. Personally, I'm following a band of geriatric gypsies !

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    Ozjacko will be on trail journals,me ,oz and milkman will be posting in the cafe as we head north.we are currently in suches
    Wait your in suches?...I lost another 5 bucks, hehe

But if you make to the thirtyith, I win all back...plus the vig...countin on ya man, daddy needs a new pair of sleeping bag/tent

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    LOL...Personally, I'm following a band of geriatric gypsies !
    Haaa, haaaa, haaaa..."Geriatric Gypsies...that's AWESOME!!! I would be honored to walk with such a band! When I first started thinking of trail names the first one that came to mind was
    HURTS-A-LOT. But in the end, Special K won out.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by One Sock View Post
    Wait your in suches?...I lost another 5 bucks, hehe

But if you make to the thirtyith, I win all back...plus the vig...countin on ya man, daddy needs a new pair of sleeping bag/tent
    I plan on staying out for at least two months and go from ther.im never happier than when Iim on the trail.

Images

I've been following Bazinga's journal, and also Chin Music. Good reading! Best wishes to them both, and all those on the trail.
    Biggie

I plan on staying out for at least two months and go from ther.im never happier than when Iim on the trail.
    Damn, you GO BOY, i gotta get some side bets goin...stay healthy HB!

Shameless plug if I ever saw one

+1 for Bazinga. Did a couple shakedown hikes with him. Humble guy that is living his dream after retirement and is loving every second of it. One of those guys that respects the trail and is kind to it. Hope the trail reciprocates.
    Schnikel

Younger hikers seem badly under-represented on this thread so far, so for some balance I'll recommend the journal of Shepherd:

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=401013

It's very thorough, he's got a sense of humor, and he knows his photography (and contra-dancing).

Rash is the one for me.

Rash has kept me coming back every night to check his progress. Seems to be making good decisions on when to back off and also has a great positive attitude.

Rash has kept me coming back every night to check his progress. Seems to be making good decisions on when to back off and also has a great positive attitude.

+1 for Rash. Great to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter503 View Post
    +1 for Rash. Great to follow.
    Another one for Rash... love hearing his southern accent on his vids!!

I check everyday for updates from Dave Shoupe No trail name yet, awesome journals! I believe he will track down Bazinga, and Rash as he keeps moving. Hell Dave broke trail through knee high snow in the smokies. Sorry, selfless plug for my buddy, seeing as how I dropped him off at amiacola and followed him up to the second hike inn cut-off I have a vested interest. Go Dave.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++