WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Looking for Strider

Does anyone remember a hiker by the name of "Strider" that done a "yoyo" in 2001. I met him north of Erwin, past Indian Grave Gap-I believe was the name of the that area, as he was heading south.

This guy had his own system rigged up that consisted of a heavy duty cardboard frame with ropes for straps and four big ole garbage bags to put all his stuff in.

I met him again right before Trail Days in May 2001 as he said he was heading back north.

Anyone know this guy?

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

I know a Strider from 2001 but he didn't Yoyo. He along with a large group summited Katahdin on 10/1, the day before we did.

Strider was a pretty popular trail name then so this probably isn't the guy you're looking for.

'Slogger
    AT 2003
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Journal Entries
    Images

this guys name could have been rambler too, it's one of the two. did i meet you up there in greenville when i was there in 2002 working for mike at the outfitters?

Default Re

dont know if it was strider but in March of 01 in the southern Smokies, I met a guy goin sobo who had a rope and trashbag pack, different shoes on... who claimed he had his stuff either stolen or eaten by bears or something....

Spirit in search of experience. wacocelt's Avatar
    Images

There are 2 or 3 different Striders hiking just this year, if I'm not mistaken, same as every year. VERY popular name. Good luck with your search nonetheless! Be well.

Christopher Robin
    Everything is exactly as it should be. This too shall pass.

I think Strider was the name of two different hikers appearing in AT documentaries from 2001--one in TREK and the other in another shorter project.

One tip for searching for trailnames is to check ATC's listing of 2,000 miler registrants in the ATN--assuming the hiker registered. Go to Google and type the trailname followed by "site:appalachiantrail.org"--you should get links to the ATN .pdf's.

you promised me I could pet the rabbit lenny

I remember strider. GAME the same year as me ,Exelent hiker a real machine.. Was just ahead of alabama walking stick.

++ New Posts ++