WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easter

Default Easter

Happy Easter ya'll. Spring is soon to come.

Funny how growing up doesn't change you. When I was little I loved hunting easter eggs, now I love hunting for trail magic at road crossings and shelters. Nothing like coming across a can of beer tucked in some leaves at a wilderness road crossing or an empty shelter when you haven't had one for a few days.
    * Warning: I bite AND I do not play well with others! -hellkat-

Images

Many years ago after a nero at now defunct Rainbow Springs CG, as we departed the owner came out. Wished us a Happy Easter & gave each of us a colored egg. It's the little things than mean so much.

OOOHH, that's a bad bad word to some these days. It's a word that some would not want us to use possibly because it congers up the thought of Jesus Christ's glorious triumphant Resurrection from the grave after paying the price for the sin of mankind. HAPPY EASTER to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    OOOHH, that's a bad bad word to some these days. It's a word that some would not want us to use possibly because it congers up the thought of Jesus Christ's glorious triumphant Resurrection from the grave after paying the price for the sin of mankind. HAPPY EASTER to all.
    Well, Easter is really not any different from Christmas. You can celebrate the true meaning, for some or choose santa claus or the easter bunny. It's a choice that we all have to make. I'm going with- Jesus Christ's glorious triumphant Resurrection from the grave after paying the price for the sin of mankind. HAPPY EASTER to all.

Journal Entries

dogwood you seem angry from your post, giving me bad vibes on easter man! enjoy yourself!

Images

Happy Easter to you as well

I'm human too. I do get angry about some things. I will not complacently let others dictate to me what I should believe or, no matter how hard they try, to belittle or keep certain beliefs from being expressed. I have a great tolerance to other folk's beliefs, even when they are different than mine, but I ABSOLUTELY DO NOTICE a trend in this country and perhaps in some other countries where certain beliefs are being restrained from being fully expressed and other beliefs/opinions are being simultaneously espoused. That's just a form of intolerance I will not accept. You are absolutely right though, despite what I notice, I should enjoy myself. Thx PosterNutbag. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Easter.

Have a blessed Easter, folks!

Images

bc041209B.jpg

happy easter
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Happy Resurrection day.

Job 19:25 "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth"
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Well, Easter is really not any different from Christmas. You can celebrate the true meaning,
    Fertility?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%92ostre

Or, if you had my upbringing it meant roasted lamb with garlic and rosemary, stuffed shells, stuffed artichokes, and of course ricotta and/or rice pie for dessert. That's in addition to the soup, cold cuts, cheese, nuts, fruit, pizzelle, marinated broccoli.......

Yummy...
    Last edited by Mags; 03-31-2013 at 18:01.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Did not wish to cause any discontent. I wish well to all. Just stay away from the marshmallow peeps...

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    bc041209B.jpg

happy easter
    Like.....................

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Daughter, her fiancee, and great friend I haven't seen in 4 years all came to visit for the weekend.
    How great is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Fertility?

Or, if you had my upbringing it meant roasted lamb with garlic and rosemary, stuffed shells, stuffed artichokes, and of course ricotta and/or rice pie for dessert. That's in addition to the soup, cold cuts, cheese, nuts, fruit, pizzelle, marinated broccoli.......

Yummy...
    Yup. Agreed. Easter is not a Christian holiday. That is why we have bunnies and eggs on that holiday. It is about fertility and such. That is why I refer to it as the Resurrection Day. The one time the word Easter is mentioned in the Bible is in Acts 12. It was a holiday that Herod (not a Christian) was concerned with. Easter predates Christ's resurrection. However, the Passover, a picture and predictor of Christ's resurrection, predates Easter. It is almost like someone knew the importance of this date and tried to replace what was to come before it happened. I will let you guess who that person was. I will give you a hint. The Rolling stones wrote a song about him.
    Last edited by BirdBrain; 03-31-2013 at 18:39.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    However, the Passover, a picture and predictor of Christ's resurrection, predates Easter.
    Mmm..Matzah ball soup, gefilte fish and brisket!

I love the holidays!

/my close friends are Jewish
    //I was over there for Passover last Monday
    ///We were too busy enjoying the yummy food and wine to really get into a discussion about Christianity for some reason

ps. Rolling Stones song? What does Slim Harpo have to do with Easter or Passover ??????
    Last edited by Mags; 03-31-2013 at 18:48.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Mmm..Matzah ball soup, gefilte fish and brisket!

I love the holidays!

/my close friends are Jewish
    //I was over there for Passover last Monday
    ///We were too busy enjoying the yummy food and wine to really get into a discussion about Christianity for some reason

ps. Rolling Stones song? What does Slim Harpo have to do with Easter or Passover ??????
    I think you know which song I meant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8

Your point about Easter is valid. Christians are lazy in calling the commemoration of the Lord's Resurrection as Easter. It has nothing to do with Easter. It is sad that we do not follow the facts to where they end. We take what facts we like and disregard what we do not like. A similar thing happens at Christmas. I won't bored or debate this beyond the following. If you read and study God's Word (which I do every year), the whole picture is seen. Of course, if you do not take God's Word as an authority, this whole debate is meaningless. During the Passover, blood of a lamb was put on the doors of those who believed that the death angel would take the 1st born son of all that did not do this. This predated Easter by a long shot. Many years later God's only begotten Son was offered up as the sacrificial lamb that we who believe would not die, but have everlasting life. Someone else read God's Word and believed God's Word and created a holiday to confuse people of the history and predictions. He has done a pretty good job fooling many, including Christians into calling this event Easter.

Enough on this though.

Fertility?

Yummy...
    I stand corrected, Mags. In my upbringing, Easter meant Resurrection Day like BB explained. We also celebrate with bunnies, eggs etc... I love those marshmallow peeps but I like them best when they aren't so soft. We open up the package and let them sit for a while, until they get stale..... yummmm!!!

Mags, all the food y'all prepare sounds simply wonderful!! Yummy!!! I just ate some Chocolate Eclair Cake...

Time to celebrate the Inquisition and the thousands that were tortured and killed for not believing in dead men walking.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++