WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for Section hiking partner June8th

Looking for a section hiking partner from Springer Mountain to Neel's Gap 85.4 mi. Can't leave until June 8th.

How long were you wanting to stay out? I might be interested in setting up a shuttle with you but I will be past that point section hiking by then. Btw, it's 31 miles from Springer to Neels Gap.

Section Hiker

Hi there. I have Springer to Neels (and potentially all of GA) planned for departing at either Amicalola or Springer the morning of June 13.

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

Default Deep Gap not Neels Gap

Sorry, I meant Deep Gap not Neel Gap. Someone else was asking me if I was going to carry all my food or re-supply at Neel Gap. I can't leave until June 8th but I can stay out until July 8th so I can leave after that point if necessary. Looking to spend 6-7 days.

I meant Deep Gap not Neel Gap. I am also wanting to do all of GA but was going on to Deep Gap, NC (85.4 mi) for a pickup. I'm flexible on that. I can leave June 13th but would need to be off the trail by the 20th as I have to fly to TX on the 21st. I'm not a fast hiker and this will be the longest I've attempted. Let me know if you want to try to plan this together. I'm 48 by the way.

Section Hiker

I'll pm you...

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

I'm looking to do GA to NC about that time too. I'm flexible on start date. This will be my first solo overnight so I would love to jump in with the pack. I'm 39. Used to backpack but it's been years. Working on conditioning and increasing pack weight. Not terribly fast but sounds like I can keep up. Pro- if you posted on trailjournals, I think I responded to a similar profile.

Just Julie, Sounds good. I can leave the 8th, 9th or 10th. There is one other female (age 40) from KY who wants to come as well. Let me know what date is best. I am planning on coming in the night before and staying at hiker hostel so I need to make reservations. If it's easier, you can pm me. Cynthia

Hey Cynthia - I PMd you and Bird. I'll probably come down there the night before or shuttle from Franklin that morning.

++ New Posts ++