WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Parking on Inn Rd in Duncannon (Near Tubby's Night Club)

I was looking to hike from Ducannon to Boiling Springs in a few weeks. While I know you can park at the Doyle in town, has anyone ever parked at the end of Inn road? I called Tubby's night club and they stated to park at the end of the road instead of their parking lot. I wasn't sure how rowdy the club got and if it was safe to leave cars there over the weekend. Thoughts?
    21.1% Done

I have not heard of any problems with parking there. I would suggest that you park in Boiling Springs and get a shuttle to Duncannon and hike back to your vehicle. If that is an option you will consider, you van call Keith or Terri at 717 352 2279 to arrange a shuttle. Parking where you indicated should be safe but then you have to return to get your vehicle. Hope this helps..... Thanks BIRCHY

Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    I was looking to hike from Ducannon to Boiling Springs in a few weeks. While I know you can park at the Doyle in town, has anyone ever parked at the end of Inn road? I called Tubby's night club and they stated to park at the end of the road instead of their parking lot. I wasn't sure how rowdy the club got and if it was safe to leave cars there over the weekend. Thoughts?
    Tubby's!!! I'm in a band, and I've actually played at Tubby's on two different occasions. The club is very remote and I believe the parking lot is a "No Outlet" type deal (I've only ever gotten there at night, so I'm not 100%). It's also a huge parking lot that seems to extend beyond Tubby's actual lot. Collectively, the rest of the guys in my band and I have left thousands of dollars of music equipment in our cars while we stayed and watched other bands play, and there has never been a problem with security. IMO, I think you'd be fine parking there. We've never encountered any rowdiness there.

Images

I didn't have any problems. You can always park down by the Doyle and walk the AT through town.

I left my car in the alley across from Trail Angel Mary's house all the time I was at the Gathering in W.Va. , with no problem .

David V. Webber " Ice Cream "

Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    Parking area at Tubby's is large. Park on the other side of bar close to the dead end. Car is safe there. Call me if you need any help. 717-834-4706

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    Parking area at Tubby's is large. Park on the other side of bar close to the dead end. Car is safe there. Call me if you need any help. 717-834-4706
    P.S. I live one block from Doyle.

Thanks for the info and advice everyone, and thank you Trail Angel Mary for your generosity!

I'm excited to finally get my feet on the trail this year!

++ New Posts ++