WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: water bottle

Default water bottle

I'd like to know how to build or buy something to hold my water bottle on the front strap of my pack. The ones by camel back and other brand names are to bulky. I have a bladder and do not like it. I don't want anything around my waste that will impede my arm swing. Any idea's?

I've grown to like the shock cord bottle holders on my ULA pack. Something like that could be made with shock cord pretty easily.
    HST/JMT August 2016
    TMB/Alps Sept 2015
    PCT Mile 0-857 - Apr/May 2015
    Foothills Trail Feb 2015
    Colorado Trail Aug 2014
    AT: Rockfish Gap to Boiling Springs 2014
    John Muir Trail Aug/Sept 2013

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingHiker View Post
    I've grown to like the shock cord bottle holders on my ULA pack. Something like that could be made with shock cord pretty easily.
    Ditto. Use these water bottle holders on all my packs. Water is readily available, does not affect my arm swing, and takes some weight off my back.

I purchased a neoprene water bottle jacket and attached two velcro closures, so that the velcro wraps nicely around the packstrap.

Journal Entries

I bought two of these water bottle holders at my local Outdoor Store and attached them to the shoulder harness. Work very well with 1 ltr bottles with small openings. I attached a piece of shock cord to control the bottom from flopping around. Since they are on the chest side of the pack it helps counterbalance the weight. I have seen them on the internet, but be sure to get ones with the web strap.

Attachment 21589
    DeerPath

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY
    IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY,
    BUT RATHER SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
    SHOUTING "HOLY CRAP....WHAT A RIDE!"

Journal Entries

Well, you can ask ULA if you can buy some of theirs. They are only short pieces of shock cord with a toggle and a clip.

Or you can buy a pack of pony tail holders at the grocery store, they are shock cord circles about 1.25" diameter and rig up your own.

Personally, i dont like water bottles bouncing around on my straps, so I remove them from my ULA packs.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Well, you can ask ULA if you can buy some of theirs. They are only short pieces of shock cord with a toggle and a clip.

Or you can buy a pack of pony tail holders at the grocery store, they are shock cord circles about 1.25" diameter and rig up your own.

Personally, i dont like water bottles bouncing around on my straps, so I remove them from my ULA packs.
    I've never had my 20 ounce Gatoraide-type bottles bounce around on my ULA Conduit pack. Even when full.

++ New Posts ++