WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Nice yellow sleeping baq you have there ...OH! Never mind...

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Images

i still want to know if sidesaddle is preferred over kneeling in ones tent. alot less trouble to take few steps outside

Images

Bivies are even better than tents for the middle of the night missions.

Now lets discuss the how-too's of deification in a 1gal. zip lock bag, ya know, birthing the angry turtle head...it's been a while!

Likely more sarcastic than you!
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by snifur View Post
    abnormal and failure to conform is healthy. be unique, live long, and die strong and fast. or you can contract pecker to lips disease by drinking from you stupid pee bottle. your choice. you do you and i will go the opposite.
    You and Irishbastard should hang out.
    We are all one big human family.

i dont understand the concept of the bottle. you travel with a bottle for the sole purpose to pee in? why? why not just go pee in the woods like normal people. with all the concerns over carrying the extra grams on WB why on earth would you carry a bottle to pee in. oh wait, never mind, you recycle. u pee in it at night because ur are to effing lazy to get ur lazy butt out of the shelter or tent. and then drink out of it during the day. or u r one of those that leave it at the shelters. either way it is pretty effing gross.
    Wow man, I largely agree with you... But why the anger? If people want to pee in a bottle then that's fine, just keep your bottle away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by da fungo View Post
    Boy oh boy, if only pecker to lips WERE fatal. My ex would be ancient history.
    Awesome! PYOP
    Pain is a by-product of a good time.

The Local Johnny Reb
    Images

Wait. People don't get up to use the bathroom?

Interesting
    -Jason

Anybody have recommendations for a UL catheter?

Quote Originally Posted by MyName1sMud View Post
    Wait. People don't get up to use the bathroom?

Interesting
    While on a shakedown hike this weekend I thought of an old thread saw on this subject. I was on Tumbledown Mountain in Weld Maine. Temperatures were in the 20's. I was sleeping in a bag rated for 45 and in a bivy. About 2 AM I had the urge and thought, "I wonder if the bottle trick would have been worth it?" I left my cocoon and did my business. Even in those conditions it seemed like it would be less work to use the ground as it would be to use a bottle.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

The Local Johnny Reb
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    While on a shakedown hike this weekend I thought of an old thread saw on this subject. I was on Tumbledown Mountain in Weld Maine. Temperatures were in the 20's. I was sleeping in a bag rated for 45 and in a bivy. About 2 AM I had the urge and thought, "I wonder if the bottle trick would have been worth it?" I left my cocoon and did my business. Even in those conditions it seemed like it would be less work to use the ground as it would be to use a bottle.
    For some reason I thought of the movie Dumb & Dumber.

Love the cop. "You fellas been tipping back on some of grandpa's old cough medicine?"

hahhahahahaha
    -Jason

i dont understand the concept of the bottle. you travel with a bottle for the sole purpose to pee in? why? why not just go pee in the woods like normal people. with all the concerns over carrying the extra grams on WB why on earth would you carry a bottle to pee in. oh wait, never mind, you recycle. u pee in it at night because ur are to effing lazy to get ur lazy butt out of the shelter or tent. and then drink out of it during the day. or u r one of those that leave it at the shelters. either way it is pretty effing gross.
    Not laziness...when the winds are blowing 45 miles per hour @ 2 in the morning, it's just easier to stop, drop, and flow.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Not laziness...when the winds are blowing 45 miles per hour @ 2 in the morning, it's just easier to stop, drop, and flow.
    It was and I did... outside my bivy and tarp.
    Last edited by BirdBrain; 05-31-2013 at 14:10. Reason: forgot the smiley
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

1211831_bedpan.jpg Or for the UL crowd this one is light and doubles as a pillow. pan.png

I've failed to go outside and pee only once. Camping during bow season a few years back, woke up with the urge, thought it will only be another hour before I get up anyway so I'll wait, went back to sleep and started dreaming.... I was standing in a sand ditch where I squirrel hunted when I was young, drilling a hole in the sand,.........

Quote Originally Posted by slow mind View Post
    1211831_bedpan.jpg Or for the UL crowd this one is light and doubles as a pillow. pan.png
    Should work well for stomach sleepers.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    It was and I did... outside my bivy and tarp.
    Well, some of us are very susceptible to "SHRINKAGE" even the slightest of breezes can make a difference....it's a Scottish thing.

Well, some of us are very susceptible to "SHRINKAGE" even the slightest of breezes can make a difference....it's a Scottish thing.
    In Mexico I believe it's pronounced ..."Lil' Pingo"

Likely more sarcastic than you!
    Images

See, that's what I'm saying. But snifur, the manly man that he is, doesn't agree. Nor do I need him (or anyone else) to. What's 'gross' to me is the sheer amount of people on the trail who likely practice no safe after-relief sanitation practices. I'm sure there would be a lot less sickness if everyone were a bit more vigilant about that. But I digress.
    We are all one big human family.

Journal Entries

sloth, you introduce a great point. sanitation is integral to a successful hike with health. i prefer to remain clean and pee away from my body and away from others. it was taught to me before i was two years old. i am fully potty trained. people like you evidently are bladder control challenged and require emergency pee procedures in the event of a crisis. i am not judging you. i am judging all pee bottle users for their lack of decency. during my thru i can not count how many people peed from inside the shelter. some would stand and pee off the edge. on one occasion i witnessed the result of the baggie technique and the horror of the female that received the effects of said baggie. others would use the bottle. the bottle use produces a distinct sound during the filling process. let me ask you- do you carry a gallon jug and pass it around at night to share with your hiking buddies or is everyone left to decide their own method for pee depository and disposal?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++