WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images

Default Recently joined, WB first impressions

I really enjoy reading through all the posts. There are so many it is overwhelming so i stick to the topics in my comfort zone. Also, I am impressed at how long many of you have been part of this online community. And then I'm impressed at how many posts each of you have under your belt. I wonder how many, like me, escape the drudgery of being at work by checking into Whiteblaze when no one is looking over my shoulder. I like the overall positive attitude most have and am turned off when someone is obviously fishing for negative comments.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by susiecruise View Post
    I really enjoy reading through all the posts. There are so many it is overwhelming so i stick to the topics in my comfort zone. Also, I am impressed at how long many of you have been part of this online community. And then I'm impressed at how many posts each of you have under your belt. I wonder how many, like me, escape the drudgery of being at work by checking into Whiteblaze when no one is looking over my shoulder. I like the overall positive attitude most have and am turned off when someone is obviously fishing for negative comments.
    welcome to the nuthouse.welcome to the community.
    starbucks via is served in the cyber cafe

Images

9 to 5 is when I get my heavy posting in

Thanks for your constructive, objective, and even-handed feedback. It's highly useful for WB i.e. all of us to hear newcomers' impressions.

For my part, I've been retired for over 10 years, hence my frequent posting.

Some like me get paid for the job not the hours so a little goofing off at work is OK. It just means that I get to work a little longer that day. Many days I will have two hours mid day with little to do but have meetings early and then later in the day.

ps - That is not VIA being served at the cafe

Quote Originally Posted by susiecruise View Post
    I check in as much as possible. I can always count on Whiteblaze for a pick-me -up, especially Hikerboy's cafe. Welcome to Whiteblaze!

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

1811 miles and counting!
    Images

With 47,000+ members you will get all kinds of personalities. But by far this is the best place to come to get information and get questions answered. I generally "search" first because often your topic has been discussed previously. If that doesn't work then by all means, start a thread. Whiteblaze has been an invaluable resource in planning my section hikes, and even in planning my own wedding!

I fish for fishintrapping and fishing 001.jpgbut on occasion do catch a fish...this one I didn't catch, at least not on this day. When I'm not a fishin, i'm a huntin, and when I'm not a huntin, i'm a trollin

And when I'm not trollin, I'm a hikin....again welcome, it's a great place to get info and just hang!

Quote Originally Posted by ATSeamstress View Post
    With 47,000+ members you will get all kinds of personalities. But by far this is the best place to come to get information and get questions answered. I generally "search" first because often your topic has been discussed previously. If that doesn't work then by all means, start a thread. Whiteblaze has been an invaluable resource in planning my section hikes, and even in planning my own wedding!
    Now I've heard everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    Now I've heard everything!
    I laughed and couldn't believe it either. Then I saw the pic in her gallery.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    Some like me get paid for the job not the hours so a little goofing off at work is OK. It just means that I get to work a little longer that day. Many days I will have two hours mid day with little to do but have meetings early and then later in the day.

ps - That is not VIA being served at the cafe
    With the stuff served in the cafe it is best to treat it as a BYO establishment.

Images

Your "search first' tip is a good one as I have found that many to most topics have been covered. I found WB while planning a hike on the SouthTaconic trail. I pulled up WB and read Another Kevin's Taconic/AT loop hike adventure.

Hey susiecruise- Welcome!! We are like one big family here. We get annoyed with each other sometimes. Just like in any family. But we put the FUN in dysFUNctional!

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Hey susiecruise- Welcome!! We are like one big family here. We get annoyed with each other sometimes. Just like in any family. But we put the FUN in dysFUNctional!
    ...and we are always ready to help out a WB family member with good advice and good company (usually )...just don't ask for $$$!

( OK, Rick (attroll) can ask, but he uses it to support the site.)

Welcome to WB Susie!

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

1811 miles and counting!
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    I laughed and couldn't believe it either. Then I saw the pic in her gallery.
    It's true! We decided to elope and spend our honeymoon in Charleston, SC, even though neither of us had ever been there. I threw out a question in the "off-topic" forum and got some great suggestions that helped us find the perfect spot for our short and sweet ceremony.

It's true! We decided to elope and spend our honeymoon in Charleston, SC, even though neither of us had ever been there. I threw out a question in the "off-topic" forum and got some great suggestions that helped us find the perfect spot for our short and sweet ceremony.
    Hey that's awesome...there also some good spots for leaping lovers, and notable places like Mistress Mountains, and divorce court cove.....ok I made up the cove one. ...kidding...congrats love the picture.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Hey that's awesome...there also some good spots for leaping lovers, and notable places like Mistress Mountains, and divorce court cove.....ok I made up the cove one. ...kidding...congrats love the picture.
    Should we mention Chunky Gal Trail?
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    Should we mention Chunky Gal Trail?
    I love that trail....no skinny trails

Welcome.

(Insert clever comment with insightful, self-deprecating humorous twist.... Here).
    Want a 'Hike Your Own Hike' sticker?... => send me a message <=

Favorite quote;
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsET View Post
    My guess is that you are terribly lost, and have no idea how to the use the internet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++