WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Hiking the Pinhoti

Last fall myself and a friend and his dog hiked the Pinhoti. We started at the trail head at the northern trail head in Alabama left my truck. We we saw one person the whole time. Stayed at a shelter. I love it so nice. Blister Bob came and picked us up took us back to the truck and home we came.
    I have plans to hike all of the trail. Its beautiful and not crowded. I thank you for putting this trail on White Blazes. Enjoy it.

Images

I have only hiked a little (very little) of the Pinhoti but want to hike more of it. I just have to make the time to do it
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

I've done it a lot. Problem is that I do not take pictures. Anyone got picture of McDill, Chinnabee Falls, High Falls, Devils ?, or even the old church. We know its beauty. Hope others find out what we already know.

Great pics SouthMark. I'm like Mountain Dog I don't take many pics. But I got a few. Springhoti 2012 043.jpgSpringhoti 2012 100.jpgSpringhoti 2012 102.jpg
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Fantastic pictures. These should open some eyes.

I was thinking of starting a thread called pics of the Pinhoti but this one will be good enough for that. Stories, reports, and pics of hiking the Pinhoti.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

Love the pics and entries, glad to see the folks from alatrails and Pinhoti fans are using this forum.

Sweetspot, good to hear from you, I kept looking on trail journals for your entries about the thru on the FT/ECT.

Southmark, I love your signature panel quote!

Springer to Elk Park, NC/Andover to Katahdin
    Images
    I am not young enough to know everything.

I looked for that wreck but couldn't find it. Who tied those kites in the trees?

Images

nice pics everyone

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Great pics SouthMark. I'm like Mountain Dog I don't take many pics. But I got a few. Springhoti 2012 043.jpgSpringhoti 2012 100.jpgSpringhoti 2012 102.jpg
    Every time I go by this church I stop and spend some time looking at the graveyard headstones and wondering what it was like in that era.

I recognize most of these, often camp where the first photo was taken.

I have hiked most of Ga and a small amount of Alabama looking forward to completing all of it

Less and less of the plane Crash debris remains as years go back. I think most of it has become a souvenir for those passing by. Take the Cheaha TH towards McDill Point. Just before McDill there will be a connector trail to the Right out to the crash site.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Images

anyone got any trips planned for the July 4th weekend

AL PT is beautiful trail. The church doors are left open so... When were those crash debris pics taken? I don't recall that much debris in Feb when I did the PT although McDill was socked in by fog.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++