WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I wanted to purchase The North Face Bionic jacket but I refuse to because of the ridiculous advertisement on the back shoulder area! EMS isn't too bad nor is REI for the most part, Mt. Hardwear is kinda neat and fairly small. Wish these companies would take a clue and tone down...way down on their use of logos.

I relate pretty well to this thread --- I find baseball type hats particularly bad. One option is to look for a place that imprints a logo on hats or shirts or the like and buy a "blank", but generally limited then to a cotton hat.
    I agree that they've gotten even more clever/slimey in making the labels such that you (a) can't cut it off as it's integral with the fabric, and (b) can't mark over it as the material that's used to print the advert is such that it won't accept/hold permanent marker or the like.

I'd be interested in tips/tricks people use to eliminate or cover these offenses without damaging the underlying gear item?

Might make for an interesting little startup company --- one that specializes in inexpensive kits designed to obliterate logos on various bits of clothing or other items.

Meanwhile, I do make a point to buy things that don't turn me into a billboard.
    Gadget
    PCT: 2008 NOBO, AT: 2010 NOBO, CDT: 2011 SOBO, PNT: 2014+2016

Hi...

Applying a piece/strip of reflective material over the logo will not only hide it, but will also provide some additional visibility. I keep a roll of orange reflective tape handy...the press-on kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder1 View Post
    Hi...

Applying a piece/strip of reflective material over the logo will not only hide it, but will also provide some additional visibility. I keep a roll of orange reflective tape handy...the press-on kind.
    I find a piece of tape to be far less attractive than the logo.

I like the advertising on the those skimpy shorts the girl's wear that say PINK emblazed across both cheeks. Now, that's fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    I like the advertising on the those skimpy shorts the girl's wear that say PINK emblazed across both cheeks. Now, that's fashion!
    Now we can agree on something, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmeh View Post
    Now we can agree on something, lol.
    I personally wouldn't wear these, way too in your face advertising!img-thing.jpg

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I try not to buy anything with a huge billboard on it...What say you? when will makers realize people don't want to advertise for them, and that were not stupid consumers, if a product is good it will sell, and people will not have a problem passing on credits by word of mouth.....EMS has a pretty benign label...on some things.
    I say word of mouth works for me and others. It's the only way little guys get noticed. I got this email the other day that gave credit to "Shug"

"Oh, you can thank Shug for praising your fancy feast stove, which I was originally looking for, and pointing me to your site. I don't think I would have found you otherwise.

Thanks,
    Daniel"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I personally wouldn't wear these, way too in your face advertising!img-thing.jpg
    Some of us wouldn't mind that they were in our face! lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++