WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default The Today Show 7/23

My family, Sparky and Orange Peel took the train from Pawling NY to NYC and were in the crowd today on the Today Show. I didn't get a recording. Any one out there happen to tape todays show?? I'll pay you for a copy. Thanks, Cathy

First you wanted to go to Yuengling Brewery. Now you say you went into NY and were on TV while in the Today Show audience. Don't you know hiking is supposed to be about miles per day, speed, start/so called mandated finish dates, bad weather, gear, pack wt, those awful climbs and punishing descents, not getting killed or hurt by some awful wild animal, protecting yourself by carrying a gun because it's reasoned the trails are rife with crime, what you eat on trail, certificates, pride, permits, complaining about trail related things, etc? You have misplaced values cathyss200. Hiking has to be just about hiking. How dare you enjoy yourself on a hike by doing things that are unrelated to hiking?

You must be pretty bad at hitching. The brewery is a straight shot hitch into town from where the trail cross's the road. And you didn't call someone to tape the TV show. Strong indications you are having to much fun and not being responsible and serious. Oh wait, you can't have to much fun. Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by cathyss2000 View Post
    My family, Sparky and Orange Peel took the train from Pawling NY to NYC and were in the crowd today on the Today Show. I didn't get a recording. Any one out there happen to tape todays show?? I'll pay you for a copy. Thanks, Cathy
    Is there more than one Sparky?? I met a WB member and thru-hiker named Sparky. Great to hear he's still going, if it's the same one!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    First you wanted to go to Yuengling Brewery. Now you say you went into NY and were on TV while in the Today Show audience. Don't you know hiking is supposed to be about miles per day, speed, start/so called mandated finish dates, bad weather, gear, pack wt, those awful climbs and punishing descents, not getting killed or hurt by some awful wild animal, protecting yourself by carrying a gun because it's reasoned the trails are rife with crime, what you eat on trail, certificates, pride, permits, complaining about trail related things, etc? You have misplaced values cathyss200. Hiking has to be just about hiking. How dare you enjoy yourself on a hike by doing things that are unrelated to hiking?
    Undoubtedly POTD!

Sometimes you can contact the station or the show and order a copy. I got a copy of a news show that way once.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Is there more than one Sparky?? I met a WB member and thru-hiker named Sparky. Great to hear he's still going, if it's the same one!
    sparky hiked with violet beauregard for a while down south . i met him a few times this spring. he got off trail a few weeks back, said he had had enough.good guy.http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=14936

Yes there was two Sparky's. This is my Sparky, www.2186miles.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    sparky hiked with violet beauregard for a while down south . i met him a few times this spring. he got off trail a few weeks back, said he had had enough.good guy.http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=14936
    Yup hikerboy.. that's the sparky I met when I met all of you guys in Damascus! He is a good guy!!

Yes there was two Sparky's. This is my Sparky, www.2186miles.wordpress.com
    Aww... that's your Sparky!!

Just was in pawling Sunday, beautiful area. Even met some trail maintainers painting blazes around nuclear lake

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Lord View Post
    Just was in pawling Sunday, beautiful area. Even met some trail maintainers painting blazes around nuclear lake
    I've only hiked 7 miles in NY on the AT and those 7 miles were right past nuclear lake. It is beautiful! I used to live in Fishkill NY, for almost 2 years.

++ New Posts ++