WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hiker missing in Maine

http://m.wmtw.com/news/appalachian-t...source=dlvr.it

sent from samsonite using tapioca 2
    Let me go

Oh no... I hope she is found soon!!

Images

1+ on that

Update on the search just a few minutes ago
    https://www.facebook.com/mainefishwildlife

Images

Any updates? Hope she is found OK.

Mom of Future Thru-Hiker docllamacoy's Avatar
    Images

UPDATE: SEARCH FOR GERALDINE LARGAY - July 27, 2013: Maine Game Wardens are seeking information concerning missing AT hiker Geraldine Largay who uses the trail name “inchworm” from the following hikers using the trail names: “Cowboy”, “Marathon”, “Postman”, “Breeze”, “Paranoid”, “Crunchmaster”, “Harpo/Groucho”, “Ice Pack/SOBO ’13”,” Luke 11:9”, “Sandman”, “BBTGR”, and “.com/Queen”.

Warden investigators need to speak with the listed hikers to determine and verify if the Geraldine was seen between the Poplar Ridge Lean-To and the Spaulding Mountain Lean-To on the Appalachian Trail. Warden investigators also need to verify if Geraldine stayed overnight at the Spaulding Mtn. Lean-To Monday night July 22 into Tuesday morning July 23. The Warden Service also wants to inform bear baiters baiting in the search area to be on the lookout for Mrs. Largay.

Those with any information should call the Public Safety Communications Center in Augusta at (207) 624-6076. or 1-800-452-4664
    Llama, of Doc, Llama & Coy

I copied this entry and pasted it into the guestbook for Crunchmaster. He has his journal on Trailjournals. I have not seen any of the other names on that site. But in the journals I have read, I have seen references to Inchworm. I hope they find her alright.
    God is good all the time; all the time God is good. - We Shall See 2015

Was hoping I'd get up today and this would be a done deal...found and back home with loved ones...still pryin this turns out well....

I went to the ATI with her and her husband in Sept '11. This is so sad - I hope they find her safely

Images

It looks like Crunchmaster saw her Monday between Poplar Ridge Lean To and Spalding Lean To according to the latest journal posting:

http://www.trailjournals.com/crunchmaster/

Gosh I hope they find her safely.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Was hoping I'd get up today and this would be a done deal...found and back home with loved ones...still pryin this turns out well....
    Me too... every time I think about checking up on WB. It's the first thing I want to check on... so far there's no good news... uggg!! I believe she will be found soon and be OK.... she has to be!!

Images

Another one?? I hope this one is rescued as well, but gets home safely.

Does anyone know anymore about this? 07/06/2013 Deputy Zecher responded to the Appalachian Trail in Wyman Township regarding a complaint from a female hiker. The complainant stated that there was a strange man who goes by the name of Richard (nickname brown blazer) had been acting strange. He has been leaving threatening messages on the AT trail recording logs. No one person has been targeted, however, she wanted to report it to law enforcement. A check of the trail heads did not reveal any vehicles that came close to the alleged offender’s first name. Notification has been made throughout the hiking community.

Wyman Township was where she was supposed to meet her husband on Monday...I am praying they find her soon and safe.

Images

Hoosier (who I met in NC/VA in April) reported that it was cold after "The Notch", close to being hypothermic.........not sure what the weather has been like where she is.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Del Q View Post
    Hoosier (who I met in NC/VA in April) reported that it was cold after "The Notch", close to being hypothermic.........not sure what the weather has been like where she is.
    It's actually been an okay week here in Maine weather wise. I'm not sure about nights in the mountains, but they've been cool comfortable nights where I am in southern Maine. There was rain in that area Tuesday, so I think that's where the concern is. It's a pretty remote area with lots of other trails and logging roads. I hope she is just lost, and not lost and hurt.

A young man got lost last winter while skiing in this area and he was found a few days later safe because he made some good decisions. It sounds like she is very experienced, so I hope she is just hunkered down somewhere waiting for them to find her.

Fingers crossed.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TOW View Post
    is that a pretty rough area she is in?
    If I recall the toughest part of the trail between Spaulding Lean-to and Stratton was the steep rocky climb down to the Carrabassett River. There the river runs between some boulders with a plank you had to walk over. But it's not rougher than other areas in Maine.

Hope she's found soon!
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

If you have any information to pass on to help the search and Rescue folks please note that there seems to be an intermittent problem with the phone number(s).

It's probably best to call the numbers if you can. I was able to successfully get through on the 800# earlier today without any problem. However, at times before and after my own call, some folks have reported experiencing problems with the phone numbers, including getting out of service messages. So if you are trying to share information and can not get through, another possible contact point is the Facebook Page for the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife.
    https://www.facebook.com/mainefishwildlife Updates on the search are posted there also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++