Wink looking for another female

looking for someone to hike the at trail next years in 14 please some one help me it will be my first time and I want to do this so bad,

Default looking for another female

I will be hiking in 2014. When do you plan to start?

I will hike from Springer Mountain to Fontana in May/June 2014, company very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by bonbon47 View Post
    looking for someone to hike the at trail next years in 14 please some one help me it will be my first time and I want to do this so bad,
    I will be leaving on April 17, using an alternate route, Harper's Ferry to Georgia, then Katahdin to Harper's Ferry. If you would like to start with me. Welcome aboard. Send me a PM
    God is good all the time; all the time God is good. - We Shall See 2015

I am leaving early March, when are you leaving ?

Just ignore it

You still in ? Me too. Watching the weather. Wanna start as soon as possible !
    Just ignore it

Y'all should talk to the other female that is hiking in 2014... CityGirlTurnedWild's thread.

Journal Entries

Find your hiking mates on the trail. Lots of people out there!

I would agree that you don't have to find a hiking partner right away. If you are hiking NOBO, there will be a lot of people and you can see who you connect with. Another strategy that lots of hikers have used is to go to Trail Journals and read the journals of other women planning a 2014 hike and connect with them there, or here on White Blaze on the 2013 hiker forum. There are also Facebook groups for each AT thru class.

It's more than start date that determines if you're going to be a good fit with another hiker. There's speed to take into account, and general style - like to get up and go early, or take more time in camp in the a.m. for example, and also general personality. Many thru-hiking partnerships morph over time, and others stick with the same people from Springer to Katahdin.

I encourage women planning a thru hike to consider that it might be just fine for you to start alone. I hiked alone for the most part and met hundreds of incredible people. I liked having the day to myself to hike as I wanted at the pace I wanted. And sometimes I hiked with someone else for a couple of hours or a couple of days, or even a little longer. The trail is full of wonderful people to meet and hike with or just see in camp.

Good luck with your planning!
    "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver
    http://wildandwhiteblazing.com

Hi Bonbon,
    I'm also planning a thru (starting second week of March), and I'm looking for a casual hiking partner to start with - not someone to hike with 24/7 but someone with a similar itinerary to mine so that we camped in the same area most nights and could hitch into town together. If we got along, we could stick together; if not, not. Let me know if you're still looking for somebody! p.s. I live near Raleigh in NC, so we could possibly do some training hikes together as well, if you're up for it.

++ New Posts ++