WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I just saw the best AT documentary of all time.

Thru hiked last year (Suds)

I haven't been back to Whiteblaze for the longest time! since on trail I guess, wow. I miss it bad now!

I've seen pretty much all of the docs...Appalachian Impressions, North to Katahdin, 2000 miles to Maine, Trek, Walkin with Freedom to name but a few

But I just watched The Climb to Katahdin

It just BLEW ME AWAY. I loved every second.

As I just told Spiral .....I laughed, I cried, I smiled, I screamed, I jumped, I cried, I mourned, I reflected, I laughed, I smiled, I screamed and shouted, I cried again and **** me I loved it!

check out their facebook page and click like, because they just don't have enough for how good this is!

https://www.facebook.com/TheClimbToKatahdin?fref=ts

1005658_516595665081061_1666458139_n.jpg

Damn! that was AT post-trail catharsis in 90 minutes! SOOOO amazing to see my summit photo at the end too

Whoever made the film should consider showing it at the ALDHA Gathering, Oct 11-13 in Shippensburg PA. There should be about 500 hikers on hand. Also a vendors hiker fair where they'll be able to sell the DVD.

http://www.aldha.org/gathering.html

PM me if you need any more detailed info.

where did you watch it ?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by strollingalong View Post
    Were you involved in the production? How did they get your summit photo?

This looks great. I would love to see it.

Wow. Just joined this forum yesterday........happy to say my first post is to proclaim my anticipation of viewing this film!!!

I wasn't involved in production....hiked with them for about 3 days....very unfortunately not more. lovely people..... they requested our summit photos on the facebook page a way back.

there's a showin in baton rouge i think today or tomorrow?

Hey guys,
    I appreciate everyone's interest! You know, a few months prior to the hike we posted a thread letting people know who we were and what we doing on the Trail, namely filming a movie. The response we got on Whiteblaze was terribly negative and discouraging as forums can often be. We pretty much haven't touched the site since then. I mean, we coulda defended ourselves but we'd rather just show everyone what we did than talk about we are gonna do. And make a movie we did. Funny story, upon reaching Manchester Center, a fellow hiker, then going Southbound, told us he saw our blog through Whiteblaze. "Oh, it's you guys. I never thought you guys were gonna make it this far." Two bad mental associations with WB.net. Not to mention our first maildrop was sent to Blairsville instead of Neel's Gap because of a Maildrop guide on here.

Get to the point, right? So, I let some of the hikers we hiked with screen the film which is how our good buddy, Suds, got to see it. How can you see it? I plan on touring the East. Starting from Florida and going up to Maine and back down South in the October-November months. I am currently trying to set up with community colleges, universities, hiking clubs, and outfitters. If you have a suggestion as to where to show it, please go to our FB page at facebook.com/theclimbtokatahdin and message or comment to me. I'll do my best to get there.

Aside from the tour, I'm shooting for no later than the end of the year to have The Climb to Katahdin available for the public. It's hard to wait that long, let me tell you. I want you all to see because I really think you'll like it. It's got something for everybody. Mind you, one of the main inspirations of filming this was to provide a look at what it takes to bring a dog on the Trail and that information just didn't exist in the form I was looking for.

Either way, our FB page is the best way to get updates. Let me know if you have a place near you that would interested in a screening.

Coltin
    The Climb to Katahdin

Oh, and thank you, Suds for that awesome review. Glad you liked it.

Thats cool! I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by attemptedskater View Post
    Funny story, upon reaching Manchester Center, a fellow hiker, then going Southbound, told us he saw our blog through Whiteblaze. "Oh, it's you guys. I never thought you guys were gonna make it this far."
    That would have been me

I guess I might have to watch the movie...
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

The trailer was awesome in itself. I would love to see this film.

Hey guys,
    I appreciate everyone's interest! You know, a few months prior to the hike we posted a thread letting people know who we were and what we doing on the Trail, namely filming a movie. The response we got on Whiteblaze was terribly negative and discouraging as forums can often be. We pretty much haven't touched the site since then. I mean, we coulda defended ourselves but we'd rather just show everyone what we did than talk about we are gonna do. And make a movie we did. Funny story, upon reaching Manchester Center, a fellow hiker, then going Southbound, told us he saw our blog through Whiteblaze. "Oh, it's you guys. I never thought you guys were gonna make it this far." Two bad mental associations with WB.net. Not to mention our first maildrop was sent to Blairsville instead of Neel's Gap because of a Maildrop guide on here.

Get to the point, right? So, I let some of the hikers we hiked with screen the film which is how our good buddy, Suds, got to see it. How can you see it? I plan on touring the East. Starting from Florida and going up to Maine and back down South in the October-November months. I am currently trying to set up with community colleges, universities, hiking clubs, and outfitters. If you have a suggestion as to where to show it, please go to our FB page at facebook.com/theclimbtokatahdin and message or comment to me. I'll do my best to get there.

Aside from the tour, I'm shooting for no later than the end of the year to have The Climb to Katahdin available for the public. It's hard to wait that long, let me tell you. I want you all to see because I really think you'll like it. It's got something for everybody. Mind you, one of the main inspirations of filming this was to provide a look at what it takes to bring a dog on the Trail and that information just didn't exist in the form I was looking for.

Either way, our FB page is the best way to get updates. Let me know if you have a place near you that would interested in a screening.

Coltin
    The Climb to Katahdin

I hope you understand why the negative reception of your first post on WB. There are many many claimes posted here by newcomers that amount to nothing that it's easy for members to get jaded. It's not fair but that's the way it is.

If you come anywhere near Orlando, Ocala, Gainesville or Titusville I'm there

Images

There is a film festival local to me in a hippie-ish town a lot of NY/NJ people vacation to called Milford, Pennsylvania. The Black Bear Film Festival would be an ideal place to show this movie. I suggested this on your Facebook Hope you can make it there next year. You can actually see the High Point Monument next to the AT from my town. Love the AT. Love the Trail and what it represents!
    I am well again, I came to life in the cool winds and crystal waters of the mountains...

~ John Muir ~

where and when

Thru hiked last year (Suds)

I haven't been back to Whiteblaze for the longest time! since on trail I guess, wow. I miss it bad now!

I've seen pretty much all of the docs...Appalachian Impressions, North to Katahdin, 2000 miles to Maine, Trek, Walkin with Freedom to name but a few

But I just watched The Climb to Katahdin

It just BLEW ME AWAY. I loved every second.

As I just told Spiral .....I laughed, I cried, I smiled, I screamed, I jumped, I cried, I mourned, I reflected, I laughed, I smiled, I screamed and shouted, I cried again and **** me I loved it!

check out their facebook page and click like, because they just don't have enough for how good this is!

https://www.facebook.com/TheClimbToKatahdin?fref=ts

1005658_516595665081061_1666458139_n.jpg

Damn! that was AT post-trail catharsis in 90 minutes! SOOOO amazing to see my summit photo at the end too
    Sweet! Can't wait for it to come north. Thanks for the review Suds, good to hear from you.

Hey guys,
    I appreciate everyone's interest! You know, a few months prior to the hike we posted a thread letting people know who we were and what we doing on the Trail, namely filming a movie.

Coltin
    The Climb to Katahdin

Sweet! I'm glad it went well. I kept hearing about you but never managed to meet up on the trail. I hope to see your film when you come to Maine! (Hopefully on a weekend!)

Merry the Hobbit
    Merry 2012 AT blog
    "Not all those who wander are lost."

Images

I wasn't involved in production....hiked with them for about 3 days....very unfortunately not more. lovely people..... they requested our summit photos on the facebook page a way back.
    Cool. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing it.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Mind you, one of the main inspirations of filming this was to provide a look at what it takes to bring a dog on the Trail and that information just didn't exist in the form I was looking for.
    Well you've got my attention.

I find it very difficult to explain to new hikers and potential backpackers just how much of a responsibility it is to backpack with a dog, how much training and preparation it requires, how many unwritten rules there are in order to have a dog make a positiive impression on other hikers and most importantly how rewarding it all is. If you're documentary shows all of this then it will be a welcome resource.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++