Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Jam View Post
    I don't mind the uniboob, it's the headlights I have a problem with. Any recommendations? I normally wear Moving Comfort, Fiona cause it fits the best.

Uniboob and Headlights....those would be great trail names...maybe for a pair of buxom sisters.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Looking recommendations for a bra/bras that meets the criteria of a good hiking bra, moisture-wicking and quick-drying, that fit a 34 DDD. Definitely like ones that hold things in place and give the girls good support. Usually do underwires but not required if the support is there. Racer-back would be nice. Wouldn't mind a front-closure. Have stuck with the Champions that I use for working out but they are far from quick-drying and I have had to put on a damp one on more than one cool morning. Brrr! Also, what about something to change into at the end of the day for around camp/shelter? Have researched the ones recommended and while they are generally readily available in DD I'm not really seeing any DDDs. And don't know if when they come in S, M, L and XL what it translates into. Recommendations? Thanks and happy hiking in the New Year!!
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker View Post
    Looking recommendations for a bra/bras that meets the criteria of a good hiking bra, moisture-wicking and quick-drying, that fit a 34 DDD. Definitely like ones that hold things in place and give the girls good support. Usually do underwires but not required if the support is there. Racer-back would be nice. Wouldn't mind a front-closure. Have stuck with the Champions that I use for working out but they are far from quick-drying and I have had to put on a damp one on more than one cool morning. Brrr! Also, what about something to change into at the end of the day for around camp/shelter? Have researched the ones recommended and while they are generally readily available in DD I'm not really seeing any DDDs. And don't know if when they come in S, M, L and XL what it translates into. Recommendations? Thanks and happy hiking in the New Year!!
    Best thing I've come up with is to hike in a supportive underwire. Yes, it gets wet with sweat. At night take it off and change to a dry comfy bra that I use only for sleeping. In the morning, put the wet cold Brrrrrra back on. Wish I had a better answer.

VS has them in your size. My daughter uses them. I am not certain about their wicking capabilities as she doesn't use them for any intense activities. They come with 'Body Wick' and are nylon/spandex, so might dry quickly?

https://www.victoriassecret.com//vic...LS&search=true

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by She View Post
    VS has them in your size. My daughter uses them. I am not certain about their wicking capabilities as she doesn't use them for any intense activities. They come with 'Body Wick' and are nylon/spandex, so might dry quickly?

https://www.victoriassecret.com//vic...LS&search=true
    Thanks She!! To be honest I hadn't even thought to check Vicky's. I stopped buying from them years ago because it seemed like the quality of their products had steadily dropped once they could be found at every mall. And I don't recall them having sport bras at the time. Will definitely give them a try
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    Best thing I've come up with is to hike in a supportive underwire. Yes, it gets wet with sweat. At night take it off and change to a dry comfy bra that I use only for sleeping. In the morning, put the wet cold Brrrrrra back on. Wish I had a better answer.
    Thanks illabelle. Once I find something that works decent and I can typically get fairly readily I seldom venture away. I can't count the hours and dollars I've spent just trying to get a decent, comfortable fit. But the Champion sport bras I've been used to wearing do not lend themselves to being on the trail. Thought I'd give a shout out and see if any of the ladies with the same problem who've been hiking longer than I had had any better success. One more downside is that when it is good and cold, once I stop a chill settles in quick along the strap in the back because it is so damp and it takes forever to get past the chill and warm up. "She" suggested Vicky's Secret and I think I'll give them a try. Will come back with a review after I check them out.

Bali Bras Comfort Revolution. I have found them at Kohls, Sams Club. The most comfortable bra I have ever worn. I can wear it all day and sleep in it too. I have several to trade out when I wear them out. Black can double as bathing suit top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Treehugger View Post
    Bali Bras Comfort Revolution. I have found them at Kohls, Sams Club. The most comfortable bra I have ever worn. I can wear it all day and sleep in it too. I have several to trade out when I wear them out. Black can double as bathing suit top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Treehugger. Will check them out as well. Maybe order one of the ones from Vicky's and one from Bali. I did Bali for a long time but the local stores frequently did not carry the right size in stock. I found Soma to be the best for carrying my size most of the time but never bothered to see if they run to sport bras as well. Guess I should check them too.
    By the way, like the name. Have thought of going with talks2trees if I don't care for what the trail gives me

Thanks She!! To be honest I hadn't even thought to check Vicky's. I stopped buying from them years ago because it seemed like the quality of their products had steadily dropped once they could be found at every mall. And I don't recall them having sport bras at the time. Will definitely give them a try
    You're welcome. When I spoke with her yesterday I asked about drying time and she said if good air flow they easily dry overnight as she just hangs them after washing. However, that's in an a/c controlled condo, which varies quite a bit from the trail

I'm still mulling over my choices and haven't found anything yet that fits the bill for me either. While we have similar 'front-load weights' our frames are totally different. She's like a stick, and I have broad shoulders and a much wider rib cage. I have a feeling me and Bodyglide will become very close friends over the long haul in 2016 I've not yet tackled anything longer than a few hours, but hope to find something prior to an upcoming week long trip to try something out. I just suspect a well-used garment might be difficult to return, lol!

Hey, Traffic Jam, I'm an L&D nurse, too! Any one having a baby out on the trail we'll take good care of them! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Riocielo View Post
    Hey, Traffic Jam, I'm an L&D nurse, too! Any one having a baby out on the trail we'll take good care of them! :-)
    Hey girl! With people wanting to have the youngest kid thru hike the AT, you never know when our services will be needed. Pretty soon they'll be delivering on Springer.

Unfortunately/fortunately (it depends on how you look at it), I'm too small to have support issues or any major sweat issues. My bra issue is that my collarbone is bruised by my pack straps. Anyone have any advice on this front? I fear that any bra with a strap will leave bruises but am hoping that someone has some insight. (And no, I'm not willing to go bare).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++