WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default GoLite Jam 70 or GG Crown V.C. 60

Looking at both packs. I like the option of the GG to remove the backplate to lighten it up if needed. Thoughts and opinions?

Have no knowledge of the GoLite but I dont believe I could be more pleased with the Crown 60.

Yeah im leaning in that direction, seems like it has more options for my tastes. Do you use a hipbelt pocket with yours? If so which one? Thats one thing that the "lux" packs have me spoiled on.

Images

I tried the Crown but was between sizes so it didn't fit. The Jam 70 is a more robust pack as the dyneema gridstop is nothing short of bombproof. It is actually fairly stiff with the firm backpanel. It works better for me but packs are a really personal thing. If it fits, it is the right pack for you.

Journal Entries
    Images

I really like my Jam, the cons are the back support, you'll need to work on how to pack it so rests comfortably on your back. With that said, it also has no separation against your back which leads to constant sweating with no way for it to dry until you remove the pack.
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Hike smarter, not harder.

Huge volume on both of those packs, to be in a UL forum.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

I have the jam and love it, just beware of the waist belt size. I had to get a smaller size due to the waist belt being to big. It really is bullet proof though. It does cause major back sweat, but I havent found a pack that doesnt.

++ New Posts ++