WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Have not had any communication from ZPACKS since ordering. Hope they're just busy.
    Miles to go before I sleep. R. Frost

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckT View Post
    Have not had any communication from ZPACKS since ordering. Hope they're just busy.
    Me neither Chuck, and I even sent them a follow up email about my timeline for February just in case.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Holidays + lots of orders + they just moved = might be a little behind.

Having endured the rather long waiting game a few times with Zpacks products, I would say try to forget about it and then contact them maybe a week before the estimated delivery time or 2 weeks before a promised delivery date to contact them. They're usually right on the mark with their shipping estimates, and I've never experienced an error with pack options or other accessories. I've heard of a problem or 2, but they're very rare.

Well i got an invoice from PayPal on the 15th. So expect delivery about January 31st.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

As stated above, they just moved to a new location, plus they are slammed with orders. Good things are happening at ZPacks.

If you had a need for some kind of specific date, the ordering instructions say to add a note with your order. If you didn't do that, send an email. Follow up a couple of weeks before the ETA, just to make sure.

I have no personal prior experience with delivery from ZPacks. In fact, I just placed my first order with them. I can tell you, though, that they have a pretty stellar reputation with meeting delivery promises.

Edit: Double Post
    Last edited by Vegan Packer; 12-24-2015 at 01:11.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me all these responses are from men. Any women out there who have experience with both packs who can compare comfort?

There's a lady on BPL who has used an Arc Haul a fair amount. Goes by DM and farwalker, with a report Here, just scroll down. And she has some other comments earlier and later in the thread.

Hmm, that BPL string mentions a _10_ week lead time. BLEECH!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckT View Post
    Hmm, that BPL string mentions a _10_ week lead time. BLEECH!
    current backlog on packs appears to be 6 weeks.

If you NEED something sooner, ask. They have bumped up several items I ordered when I wanted them for an upcoming trip. Dont abuse this or it will not exist. Joe used to say this somewhere on website. They may be so busy they dont say it anymore.

Just chewing fingernails. Waiting is.

zPacks has been willing to address deadlines in the past but I've never asked for anything TOO far from their published leadtimes. I strongly suspect that they would accommodate good faith requests, such as from a hiker who is on trail and needs replacement gear fairly urgently. I have enough confidence that they would take care of longtime customers that I'm probably going to start my PCT thru hike with a Hexamid that has 110 nights on it and could possibly require replacement while on-trail, but I might talk to Joe about what they could do for me if I need a new shelter on short notice before I finalize my plans.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Joe used to say this somewhere on website.
    It still does. From the tent section: "If you have a hard due date . . . make sure to let us know after you order so that we can schedule accordingly.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    I used the ULA Circuit for my John Muir Trail hike and loved the pack. It had more than the volume I needed and carried the weight very well. I had a ~16 pound base weight with total weight ranging from 23 to 33 pounds (with the 33 pounds after my final resupply at Muir Trail Ranch). Even at over 30 pounds, the pack was very solid.

As much as I like the Circuit, however, it does weigh in at 38 ounces and I'm looking to get my base weight down from 16 pounds to around 12 pounds before next summer. I have a zPacks Hexamid and love the shelter and would like to buy more zPacks gear now that I'm confident in the cuben fiber material. The ArcBlast, with the configuration I would want, should weigh in at under 20 ounces meaning I could save well over a pound if I switch. I am considering switching to a zPacks sleeping bag which will save me another 18 ounces or so. Since I probably won't need a bear canister for my hiking next year, that will save a couple of pounds getting my base weight down to 12 pounds. I would then expect my total weight to be between 20-28 pounds almost all the time, below the 30 pound limit advertised for the Arc Blast.

If anyone has owned both the Circuit and the Arc Blast, I would really appreciate feedback on how the two compare. It seems intuitive to me that cutting almost half the weight on a backpack has to involve some compromises in terms of comfort ... however, I have found in other areas that cutting weight does not necessarily result in less comfort so I am wary of relying on "conventional" wisdom when making my choices. Although I don't have an unlimited gear budget, I am prepared to spend some money to upgrade my gear with a focus on going fast and light next year.

I have the Arc Blast. I totally love it. Very durable and light weight for a 52 Lt bag

I am a little surprised about the posters saying they have not received answers. I ordered a pack pretty soon after I heard about them and they are working with my start date to keep me on track. They have answered every one of my e-mails sent, usually within 24 hours, with complete and thought out answers, not just a standard reply.

Good customer service would be acknowledging a customer when they appear. Great customer service is acknowledging a customer when they appear.

Images

I ordered an Autumn Orange Arc Haul Zip mid October, and ended up having to move in late November. I emailed them and asked them to update my mailing address, and heard back from them within 24 hours. Just yesterday I ordered a couple accessories from them, and Paypal listed my old address in the invoice emailed to me, and I again emailed Zpacks about the incorrect address. I heard back from them the same day regarding it.

As far as ship times, like I said, I ordered an Arc Haul Zip mid October, and the first week of November I placed an order for a Duplex. They both arrived Dec. 23rd. They were both about two weeks past the estimated ship times on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder940 View Post
    I ordered an Autumn Orange Arc Haul Zip . . . .
    If you can, would you mind posting a pic of yours? That's the same color that I ordered. My ETA is end of January.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Packer View Post
    If you can, would you mind posting a pic of yours? That's the same color that I ordered. My ETA is end of January.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++