WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Joe

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    I'm going to Dakota Joe at his word that he trying to change his life around. He's done his time, paid his debt to society, and as far as I'm concerned he's starting with a clean slate. I hope to run into him on the trail in Georgia this spring.
    Well said. People go through stuff, they get over it and they move on and try to make a better life for themselves. We should never write people off. I just hope DJ does not vandalize the trails. I hope he finds what he is looking for, just leave no trace.

Paying a debt to society does not equate to trusting someone.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Paying a debt to society does not equate to trusting someone.
    True, but do you really think your life orbits will ever intersect where it will be necessary to make that "trust" decision?

Quote Originally Posted by mfleming View Post
    True, but do you really think your life orbits will ever intersect where it will be necessary to make that "trust" decision?
    If I were hiking my thru in '14 instead of '13, maybe. I don't see the relevance of that probability playing into this discussion.

I would say that when I meet someone for the first time, I trust them until they give me some reason not to. I suspect others do it the other way around. Not saying one is better than another. Just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    I would say that when I meet someone for the first time, I trust them until they give me some reason not to. I suspect others do it the other way around. Not saying one is better than another. Just the way it is.
    I would say that I trust them within limits up to where they could meaningfully harm my person or property, until we have established enough of a relationship where I am convinced I can trust them further.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    +1. i try to give people the benefit of the doubt till they prove me otherwise.
    i do, however, rely heavily on my instincts as well.

Images

Team Dakota Joe here. Super grateful for the " Benefit of the doubt " , although unsolicited. You don't have to like Dakota Joe ( although he is a super likable guy), nor do you have to trust him. Just Tag along for the Adventure. Rest assured that hilarity will ensue and this will be the adventure of a lifetime for one dude, and those he encounters along the way.

http://www.facebook.com/TheAdventuresOfDakotaJoe

Will Team Dakota Joe be repairing the damage that Dakota Joe has already done?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Will Team Dakota Joe be repairing the damage that Dakota Joe has already done?
    Dakota Joe has answered this question as well as others on his facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/TheAdventuresOfDakotaJoe

A "yes" or "no" would suffice. I ain't bothering to go to your page. YOU came here.

Images

Of course we came here. There is a thread named after Joe.

As for cleaning up the small mess he left behind. Well he most certainly isn't going to continue the practice, and document it for a " Street Art on the Trail " Coffee table book. That for sure !!!

Go Dakota Joe!

The question was "is he going to repair the damage he did", not "will he continue to be a vandal." Way to non-answer a straightforward question. And spinning it as "small mess" leads me to believe that the answer is no, the a** will not be doing the right thing.

Journal Entries

As stated before, there will be a small bottle of mineral spirits and a scrubby waiting for him at the visitors center at Amicacola State Park.
    RIAP

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Team Dakota Joe View Post

As for cleaning up the small mess he left behind. Well he most certainly isn't going to continue the practice, and document it for a " Street Art on the Trail " Coffee table book. That for sure !!!

Go Dakota Joe!
    Since Joe is now a "we", why can't he get his minions to at least clean up his mess. I think this dude suffers from bouts of extreme grandiosity. Most that talk about themselves in 3rd person do.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RCBear:1816540
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Dakota Joe View Post

Go Dakota Joe!
    Since Joe is now a "we", why can't he get his minions to at least clean up his mess. I think this dude suffers from bouts of extreme grandiosity. Most that talk about themselves in 3rd person do.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
    hikerboy disagrees
    Last edited by hikerboy57; 11-13-2013 at 08:44.

Give the guy a break. Rife apologized for his graffiti and suddenly became the greatest guy in the world around here.

I like to think people can learn from their mistakes, & change for the better. I wish him well & hope he becomes a productive human being.

Quote Originally Posted by fins1838 View Post
    I like to think people can learn from their mistakes, & change for the better. I wish him well & hope he becomes a productive human being.
    My experience with those that talk in the third person is the opposite. Until he can straighten that out he won't make any progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    My experience with those that talk in the third person is the opposite. Until he can straighten that out he won't make any progress.
    Rasty was pointing his finger at Hikerboy mostly!

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++