WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Joe

Journal Entries

That ain't our Joe
    RIAP

Do you think Joe will go to Joe to go? Do you know?
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    The only way this guy gets to Culvers Gap is by bus
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Yee Haw!!!!!!!!!!! I do remember that thread! Woot!

Images

I would pay to watch that video

Well, one thing you gotta say for the guy, he's persistent. Most of the ones who come on here to make some grand announcement, fail and usually slink off never to be heard from again.

i_m_back__by_serpentmistress-d6oieqo.png

Could make for an interesting winter for all us cyber hikers, anyway

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Alright, so this thread has predictably devolved from discussing this guy's prior actions to just ripping on him. Why waste time with the negativity?
    Either he doesnt make it and the story goes away, or he does make it and he proves us all wrong (at which point most of us will probably congratulate him, i know I would.)

If i want to read comments from members telling hikers that they'll never make it then I'll just search the archives for Minnesota Smith.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Alright, so this thread has predictably devolved from discussing this guy's prior actions to just ripping on him. Why waste time with the negativity?
    Either he doesnt make it and the story goes away, or he does make it and he proves us all wrong (at which point most of us will probably congratulate him, i know I would.)

If i want to read comments from members telling hikers that they'll never make it then I'll just search the archives for Minnesota Smith.
    really, elf.why waste time?? seriously? what do you think we're all doing here? why not just suck all the life out of the thread?
    now, back to topic:
    he'll never make it.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    really, elf.why waste time?? seriously? what do you think we're all doing here? why not just suck all the life out of the thread?
    now, back to topic:
    he'll never make it.
    Elf is just scared this guy will be in Connecticut some time in 2016 or 2017 depending on jailblazes.

If Joe makes it I'll send him one of these. But that free part might have something to do with time served.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

now, back to topic:
    he'll never make it.
    Oh, I'm good with the time wasting part. It was the part about ripping on people we've never met that gets old fast.

Well except for rasty, I've never met him but I think he'd be okay with it if I made fun of him.

Oh, I'm good with the time wasting part. It was the part about ripping on people we've never met that gets old fast. Well except for rasty, I've never met him but I think he'd be okay with it if I made fun of him.
    Give it your best shot elfy!

Images

Oh, I'm good with the time wasting part. It was the part about ripping on people we've never met that gets old fast.

Well except for rasty, I've never met him but I think he'd be okay with it if I made fun of him.
    outside of a dozen or so, most of us have never met

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

I suspect that many more if us have met on the trail than we realize. "Are you on Whiteblaze?" isnt often the first thing i say when crossing paths with another hiker.

I suspect that many more if us have met on the trail than we realize. "Are you on Whiteblaze?" isnt often the first thing i say when crossing paths with another hiker.
    My first question is "Are you Dakota Joe?"

I thought the proper introduction was "What's your post count"

It was the part about ripping on people we've never met that gets old fast.
    Maybe you're not up to speed. Thanks to self-promotion and the wonders of the internet, it's not like we don't know Joe.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf:1817490
    prove it. .

I don't think we're ripping as much as we are teasing. According to the team he really doesn't care. By the way where is the team. He should have been here by now plugging the facebook page with a quick link. Team Joe - where are you dude?

Images

I get your point, but we are not ripping on someone we have never met, we are ripping on someone who has a history on the AT of defacing public property and of posting the following:

"As for the the danger factor of an ill prepared winter hike. Thats where the fun is"
    ”has slept in as many jails as trails you have hiked”
    "I find the attitude here amusing and cant wait to align myself with you super cool guys"
    "Dakota Joe is a real man, and no cold front is gonna delay his walk in the woods."

Both of those issues kind of make him fair game, and not much I have seen in this thread is out of proportion to "Team Dakota Joe"'s posts.

You know much better than I that the folks on here are about the least vicious folks on the internet, and most on here would go way out of their way to help a sincere hiker in need. All this guy needs to do is get the chip off his shoulder and all the negativity would go away, and most of the folks would be cheering him on, and many would probably offer him help along the way.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++