WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by trw0007 View Post
    It is. Are you a student down here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Labojo View Post
    I am. Do you have your entire gear list posted somewhere? You can definitely lose weight by upgrading your big items; however, don't forget the small things. They can really add up.
    I used to be in the Natl Guard unit over on Shug Jordan. Got some funny looks rucking on campus several years ago. Was nothing UL about that kit. Some time later, my vest alone weighed more that double what I pack now. My knees are so happy.
    nous défions

It's gonna be ok.

Ditch Medicine: wash your hands and keep your booger-pickers off your face!

Images

Since this was a gear thread...

I lightened up on a long term plan. Being a sectioneer, I could plan future purchases based on budget, sales, etc.

The "if you don't use it in 3 days" rule works well.

ULA Circuit was first buy. Next:
    Had bad luck with inflatables and decided the CCF was comfortable enough - use a z-lite now.
    The big one was a WM Ultralight bag, was a big chunk of change, but under 2# for a long bag. Love it. Replace an REI bag that was ~3#.
    MontBell UL jacket (down) replaced a heavy fleece and is warmer to boot. However, for about $10 and minimal sewing skills you can turn an army field jacket liner into a decent equivalent. See: http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/show...imageuser=6848
    Ti pot, spoon, alcohol YACC stove. Eventually a caldera cone setup.
    Tarptent Contrail.
    Been dialed in for the last 4yrs or so.

Since your going to be modifying that field jacket liner, make a quilt for the warmer months OR when you are buying the field jacket liner check out the poncho liner - may suit ya for warmer weather.
    nous défions

It's gonna be ok.

Ditch Medicine: wash your hands and keep your booger-pickers off your face!

You've got to be careful with ziplocs they're not durable at all. Mine never last more than a few days, either holes in the bottom or right beneath the zipper. A large trash bag liner or a supermarket plastic bag will do you better luck with keeping cloths dry.

Images

I use the freezer bags for the clothes storage. Never had a problem. I use em for the FBC too (not the same ones obv.). If one develops a hole, it becomes the trash bag, but in all of my sections I've never had a problem. I also garbage bag line my pack. I like stuff dry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++